Respected Contributor

No. Those shoes would be fabulous with a black dress or tux.

Respected Contributor

On Rihanna?  YES

On the world at large?  Probably no.

I really like her outfit here - she looks cozy and comfortable and oh so stylish. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

The hosts on QVC sometimes wear very high heels with very casual outfits.  It looks strange to me to see heels with ripped jeans, joggers, leggings, tights... I never see women, even fashionable, well-put together women, dress like that in real life. 

Honored Contributor

@maximillian -

I really agree with you about the models on QVC with the heels and sweatpants-looks ridiculous and awkward.

Somehow this look on Rhianna looks so great, or maybe it's just the sparkly shoes or because she wears it all so well.

I think it looks entirely different from the models on QVC wearing slouchy baggy, usually grey flannel type sweatpants and heels-ick!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Heels with sweatpants? Ridiculous!  (IMHO).

Respected Contributor

I really like the look of heels with jeans....but not sweats.

Honored Contributor

I don’t like how they look with all of those bulky clothes.If she didn’t have the puffer coat and slouchy hoodie then I think the outfit would balance better.

Honored Contributor

I love her see through suitcase...I just don’t pack tidy enough to own one though.

Honored Contributor

No, I think it looks silly.  

I remember back in the day when stirrup pants were a staple---- I used to wear mine to work with long sweaters and tops and boots and very nice flats.  I would seem some wear them with high heels and I thought that looked tacky.  Oh, well --- whatever.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Well, it is a look for those who like to be noticed. I wear sneakers with sweatpants which are appropriate. I don't mind heels with jeans on the younger gals, but not on seniors.