Honored Contributor

Re: Heaven after work at Dillards! If you love pretty and unique...

@Pearlee wrote:

Oh, I"ve been buying IC at Dillards for years.  It's a very cool line of clothing - I like almost all their pieces.  If you find something you like, keep an eye on it at Dillards online - they have really great sales! You can watch it in your cart and then go to the store and get it when  you see it's on sale.

At any rate, I agree with you about I.C.  That line has been around for a while, and it isn't only available at Dillard's  - I see it elsewhere too.

Shoekitty said

Dillards website doesn't work for me very well. I always have display issues, and I have to get a new password everytime I want to order. But, I like what they have to offer. But I have to say , you are right, their sales are to die for.  I just bought 4 tops, regularly about 80 bucks each (one way more), and the total bill was 72.00!!  The shipping to me is not super quick, but wow when i have a return they receive, notify me and the money is my account in leaa than 6 days!  Great CS.

I live in California, and have never been to a Dillards, I tried ordering online last year and they great!  I would like to add.  When you shop in a Dillards Store, are their sellections as varied and vast like online? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Heaven after work at Dillards! If you love pretty and unique...

@shoekitty   You ask an interesting question about shopping at Dillard's shoekitty.

While there are no Dillards in my own city, I've shopped often at two others within driving distance from me and one Florida frequently and their selections are all vastly different and different from the web.    One in my state has a huge selection of clothing, and the I.C. dept. saleslady said it's the largest selection of clothing in the entire region.  So they have plenty that isn't on the website or in other stores, including the other one in my state which has a much smaller selection.  The Florida store has a fairly large selection.  I cannot count on finding the same things in the stores and on the web; I think the web has a smaller selection.  Once I saw a pair of Bryn Walker (another brand I like - it's LOGO-ish) pants for over a hundred dollars at the huge clothing selection store in my state and I decided to watch it on the web because I didn't want to pay that much.  It was there and I watched it for a long time, but by the time it went on sale it was sold out in my size so darn, that didn't work that time.   Anyway, bottom line is that the selections in-store vary, and the selsections aren't the same as what's on the web (I much prefer to shop in person) and I think there is less on the web.

As for sales, OMG the clearance sales.  The clearance prices are very, very good and then at the end of the season there is yet another either 30% or 40% off that low clearance price, so you can pick things up for really cheap - if they make it to clearance.  Dillard's has a really large selection of Vera Bradley bags, Dooney and Bourke, and Brahmin and you can get some great values on clearance!