Honored Contributor

Heads up on this cardigan of Louis

A267883

Dell O'lio. It runs really large. Most of his clothes I size up because the bust room is not as good as Denim & Co. so instead of my regular 'L' I went up to XL.

Mistake............. I washed in warm water and threw in dryer and got it to shrink down to a medium LOL  Real long too. Think it will work now that I made it conform . Have to pull it together at the hip area.

Anyway, just some information there. Pretty sweater !

Valued Contributor

Re: Heads up on this cardigan of Louis

I'm in the same size issue that you are. I sometimes think Louis designs for his wife and the rest of us are an afterthought. 

Honored Contributor

part of the problem was the sizing chart it didn't state the hip room to where I could recognize it. When you times 2 the back chest measurement it came up to 44 which is what I am, but, I though 'well, to be on safe side and not send back I best go up to a XL" I think the hip was 48-50 ! really can't tell because the measurements are not there !

My hip is only 42 because I do the recumbent bike 3-4 days a week, it was a yard to big, but, I think I shrunk it down enough to make it work just have to pull it tight in front. LOL

he said to wash in cold and lay flat to dry but I washed in warm and put high heat to it. LOL

Respected Contributor

I have this sweater in the alabaster/black and love it!  I tend to order between 3 sizes, L, XL, and 1X, all depending on what the garment is, how close to the body the fit will be, and I do check the measurements if possible.  

On this one I ordered L and it is perfect, because I knew it would never have to close and fit over my hips, as it would hang straight from my narrow shoulders and short arms, so I didn't want it to be huge on the top, and that "thought" worked perfectly.  XL is my "usual" size, and I went down to L.  I hate to have to return/exchange.

I can wear this quite dressy with black underneath, slim pants and black or alabaster top, or I've worn it almost like a sweater coat with skinny dark jeans, and a black tee and that looks wonderful too.  Very versatile piece; the knit is substantial and smooth, no clinging anywhere, very slimming too.

New Contributor

I too purchased the sweater your talking. I love it. It is beefy, different and as stated quite long but I had purchased a pait of over the knee so I think I will wear it with a pr of leggings.Class act!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love it too and own it in the grey/blue combo beautiful....it is a nice beefy sweater and the length covers my behind and of course the pockets are a plus too.  I ordered my regular xl size because I am busty and it drapes nicely with no cling.  I haven't washed it yet but I wash my Linea items inside out in the dark woolite hand wash cycle and lay flat to dry or hang to air dry depending on the piece.