Honored Contributor

Head To Toe Glen Plaid Menswear

[ Edited ]

I've seen lots of these suits recently in magazines and online. Not with the tie. I remember when menswear ties were in, I had a few. Up until recently I had a glen plaid suit like this from Macy's, it had wide leg pants. 

Once again it's Blake Lively who looks great in everything. And is beautiful. She's got the coat, the whole nine yards...

blake-lively5.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Head To Toe Houndstooth Plaid Menswear

I don’t think that’s houndstooth. I believe that woman’s suit is glen plaid. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_plaid

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houndstooth

Whatever she’s wearing, she’s certainly beautiful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Blake is beautiful and the clothing is certainly well made...these are the pros.  It certainly will attract attention, as did the monochomatic yellow outfit.

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal Yes glen plaid is the right description. I thought so too but when I looked up houndstooth some of the photos showed plaid that looked like her suit.

Houndstooth would be the bigger bolder one, usually. That would be way too much in a suit and coat imo. 

I like it with those boots too. I think I read that she wore 20 something outfits in that one day while out promoting a movie or whatever it was.

She's got a cute husband too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Head To Toe Glen Plaid Menswear

I'm not into plaids but I have always loved glen plaid.  She looks fabulous and it's a real look, not fashion magazine look.  The woman could put that look together.  I'd wear a wider leg pant, if I did it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.  Too busy for most, especially me.  But Blake Lively looks fabulous in anything!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

She looks great in that look.

I would not.

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

I love the way she rolled up the trouser legs to show of the booties.  The matching coat is just too much for me.

Respected Contributor

I think it's stunning especially finishing it off with the burgundy boots.  Nix the tie and the coat for us in real life and it's a winner.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

She actually did wear head to toe houndstooth by Chanel. Here are some of her other outfits. And yes I found an article from 2016 that stated she does not use a stylist. Of course she must constantly receive free items from designers who want her to wear their clothes.

blake-2.jpgblake-lively7.jpgblake-1.jpgblake-lively1.jpg