Super Contributor

Re: Have you made any purchase today?

[ Edited ]

"...Joan Rivers striped blazer/sweater in pumpkin and black stripes...blazer/sweater at J Crew and some trousers...pumpkin colored pumps, Franco Sarto...ginger colored trousers (alex marie)...."

@Nonametoday  Would love to see pics...at the least, please post the item # for the JRivers blazer.  Thanks!

(Whatever happened to the "quote" button or did I miss it?)

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd @Pretty! Funny thing about Pendleton. My talior used to say that the wool was so nice that they sheared the sheep and brought it directly to the manufacturing plant. There items wear like iron!

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF wrote:

"...Joan Rivers striped blazer/sweater in pumpkin and black stripes...blazer/sweater at J Crew and some trousers...pumpkin colored pumps, Franco Sarto...ginger colored trousers (alex marie)...."

@Nonametoday  Would love to see pics...at the least, please post the item # for the JRivers blazer.  Thanks!

Joan Rivers Zip Front Stripe Sweater Jacket - A515235

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@MacDuFF wrote:

Joan Rivers Zip Front Stripe Sweater Jacket - A515235

Color:Gingerbread - Image 1 - Cori Twill Crepe Straight Leg Pants

Honored Contributor

Cecile relaxed sweater-blazerj.crew: kate straight-leg pant in four-season stretch for women, right side, view zoomed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF 

The above are the items I purchased.  I already had the navy blazer, got the pants, got the sweater/blazer and got the Joan Rivers striped sweater blazer in that color and the Alex Marie trousers in that color.

Thinking seriously about these pumps

Respected Contributor

Went to Sam's club with my brother and niece and we all stocked up.  We were lucky it all fit in my vehicle.  Tight squeeze for sure.  

Found some dishes for my daughter to use outside at the table for summertime.  Nice set of heavy melmac dishes and serving pieces.  Pattern with different colors.  Two younger kids so nice to have sturdy.  We grill out a lot and eat together a lot as well.  Live next door to each other.  Paper plates doesn't always cut it.  

That was it for me.  Everyone all set for now.  Just bought school clothes not long ago. 

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

I had a $10.00 off $25.00 at Kohl's and also had some Kohl's cash.  So I got a pair of Lauren Conrad jeans with a bit of subtle embroidery on them.  Also found a cute Under Armour tee and a pair of Reef flip flops.

Tried to post a picture of the jeans but it will not work.

@4kitties 

You can tell us what they look like and I will go looking for them.  

They are the Lauren Conrad high rise embroidered skinny jeans.  They have a bit of embroidery right at the front pockets.  I still cannot insert the picture here.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I ordered two pairs of the Kim Gravel's TSV jeans and one of her cardigans and a denim jacket.

I lost some weight since last year and have gone down a size which is nice and a good excuse to buy some new things.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Biftu 

Online.  Better selections than yarn stores.  

Yarns ..... I order online from Herrschners, Premier Yarns, Little Knits, Knit Picks, Lion Brand, and Webs (yarn.com). Get on their email lists for specials / sales.

Herrschners' house brand yarns are excellent. They carry a wide variety of brands. 

Patterns - Both patterns and "do it myself."  Or - combinations.  I alter patterns frequently. (I just agonized over a mohair sweater ... but it turned out OK.   Not great - but OK.  Smiley Wink  )

Download free from Berroco, Lion Brand, Garn Studio, Premier.

Garn Studio has the best selection of patterns, but the instructions are advanced.  

Premier and Lion Brand have "current" styles. 

I get Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knitting monthly mags w/patterns.  Vogue Knitting website has some free patterns.  

I buy technique knitting and crochet books and pattern books from Amazon.  

I particularly like NORO yarns and frequently buy their books and magazines. If you aren't familiar with NORO - check them out at Little Knits website. Expensive - but fantastic.  They are a Japanese company.

There are some European magazines that print English editions - usually find them at the magazine stand in Barnes & Noble.  The German knitting mags are the best.

--------------------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA  I keep meaning to ask you where you buy your yarn.  Also, do you use patterns or create your own?  During the pandemic I was knitting non-stop it seems.  Couldn't seem to concentrate so just knit many many scarfs for everone.  This fall I want to move on.

@ALRATIBA  Thank you for your detailed response.  I am going to take a look at your suggestions.  I have made a few patterns from Lion and considered buying Berroco yarn.  Quality yarns make such a difference yet can be quite expensive.  I have been knitting since i was a little girl and I am pretty good at it until I make a mistake and when I do I never get it right when I try to rip out or fix it.  Nobody seems to knit anymore so it's hard to find help.  I need a class on how to fix mistakes!  Thanks again for your response.