Honored Contributor

Re: Have you made any purchase today?

@shoesnbags   Such a gorgeous pattern reminiscent of Pendelton...wish it was wool instead of fleece.  Wear in good health...very beautiful!

@shoesnbags wrote:

Nope, not today.  I have a number of things on their way to me, including a Southwestern fleece jacket A520266 from D&Co's new Canyon Retreat line . Also have to do a store pickup at JC Penney of two blouses tomorrow.

Denim & Co. Canyon Retreat Southwest Printed Fleece Jacket - A520266

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Only yarn .... lots of yarn.   Very good prices and free shipping.  

I bought a lot of stuff on sale at the end of wnter sales last year.... don't need anything.   

Just have to make some new sweaters, vests and scarves. 

@ALRATIBA  I keep meaning to ask you where you buy your yarn.  Also, do you use patterns or create your own?  During the pandemic I was knitting non-stop it seems.  Couldn't seem to concentrate so just knit many many scarfs for everone.  This fall I want to move on.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@shoesnbags   Such a gorgeous pattern reminiscent of Pendelton...wish it was wool instead of fleece.  Wear in good health...very beautiful!

@shoesnbags wrote:

Nope, not today.  I have a number of things on their way to me, including a Southwestern fleece jacket A520266 from D&Co's new Canyon Retreat line . Also have to do a store pickup at JC Penney of two blouses tomorrow.

Denim & Co. Canyon Retreat Southwest Printed Fleece Jacket - A520266

@phoenixbrd 

Thanks!  Actually fleece is better for me than wool.  Too warm for wool here on the Gulf Coast and I'm a bit allergic to wool besides.  So this will hopefully be a perfect weight and warmth for me.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Frequent Contributor

HSN had a clearance show of fashion and accessories. I bought a BOC faux leather purse. The price was good and I loved the color. I believe it sold out. 

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't made any fashion purchases here or anywhere since early July.  I don't need a thing.  Well, maybe some new shoes but I am making due with what I have.  I work from home, so they're not a priority.

Beauty purchases?  Well, that's another story...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the Joan Rivers striped blazer/sweater in pumpkin and black stripes.

I bought a blazer/sweater at J Crew and some trousers (dress) for a jacket I got earlier.

I am thinking about those pumpkin colored pumps, Franco Sarto that Ali had on earlier in the day.  I think they will go well with my navy and ginger colors that I have chosen for Autumn.  I can wear them with denim as well.  I think I have talked myself into getting them. I also got a pair of ginger colored trousers (alex marie) at dillard's.  So I am all gingered-pumpkin and navy for Autumn.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I had a $10.00 off $25.00 at Kohl's and also had some Kohl's cash.  So I got a pair of Lauren Conrad jeans with a bit of subtle embroidery on them.  Also found a cute Under Armour tee and a pair of Reef flip flops.

Tried to post a picture of the jeans but it will not work.

@4kitties 

You can tell us what they look like and I will go looking for them.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Only yarn .... lots of yarn.   Very good prices and free shipping.  

I bought a lot of stuff on sale at the end of wnter sales last year.... don't need anything.   

Just have to make some new sweaters, vests and scarves. 

@ALRATIBA 

You could make that pretty navy sweater I bought today.  Ah, to have such patience.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu 

Online.  Better selections than yarn stores.  

Yarns ..... I order online from Herrschners, Premier Yarns, Little Knits, Knit Picks, Lion Brand, and Webs (yarn.com). Get on their email lists for specials / sales.

Herrschners' house brand yarns are excellent. They carry a wide variety of brands. 

Patterns - Both patterns and "do it myself."  Or - combinations.  I alter patterns frequently. (I just agonized over a mohair sweater ... but it turned out OK.   Not great - but OK.  Smiley Wink  )

Download free from Berroco, Lion Brand, Garn Studio, Premier.

Garn Studio has the best selection of patterns, but the instructions are advanced.  

Premier and Lion Brand have "current" styles. 

I get Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knitting monthly mags w/patterns.  Vogue Knitting website has some free patterns.  

I buy technique knitting and crochet books and pattern books from Amazon.  

I particularly like NORO yarns and frequently buy their books and magazines. If you aren't familiar with NORO - check them out at Little Knits website. Expensive - but fantastic.  They are a Japanese company.

There are some European magazines that print English editions - usually find them at the magazine stand in Barnes & Noble.  The German knitting mags are the best.

--------------------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA  I keep meaning to ask you where you buy your yarn.  Also, do you use patterns or create your own?  During the pandemic I was knitting non-stop it seems.  Couldn't seem to concentrate so just knit many many scarfs for everone.  This fall I want to move on.

Honored Contributor

another Nash bag.