Super Contributor

Re: Have you looked at Soft Surroundings?

A friend of mine (age 54) and her mother (age 73) shopped at Soft Surroundings recently and were impressed. My friend bought two tops and her mother bought one. These were casual tops to be worn with jeans or leggings.

I have a store in my area, but it's in a suburb I usually visit only a couple of times a year. When I have been in the store, it always looks busy.

Respected Contributor

I have ordered several tops from them and I love them. Great quality and perfect fit. A little pricey but worth it.

Valued Contributor

I have gotten several things from Soft Surroundings. I bought a GORGEOUS black tapestry coverlet and two shams to match and the quality is very high end. I have gotten four different tops from them, one being a white button up blouse that is, hands down, my favorite blouse in the whole wide world and I have a lot of clothes. Give them a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

lovely items, nice quality and high prices.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

They have beautiful things, I just wish they would offer free shipping!!!!!!!Their shipping is super high!

I think charging for shipping cuts down the number of returns. If you return something you buy - you lose $10. It will make some people think twice before ordering things they aren't sure about.

Valued Contributor

I agree with all the other comments about their sizing clearly meant for very tall women! A friend and I went into a local store they opened a year or so ago. I'm 5'4" and she's about 5'7". Both of us tried on a couple of shirts, sweaters, and skirts. We burst out laughing when we saw each other! Every piece of clothing looked huge and crazy long on us. Sizes were not true to size at all. Some pieces of clothing in our normal sizes were huge and others were very snug. Really bizarre.

The sales person said, "We find that certain pieces of our clothing fit best on much taller women" and "You have to try on several sizes to find your right one." Uh ... okay .. since I'm not expecting to grow anymore, and I have no desire to try on 4 different sizes that are different from the size I've worn forever ...then I guess I'll pass! Needless to say, neither of us bought anything nor ever went into that store again.

Trusted Contributor

They have some nice quality things but its hit or miss with them. I have a few of their things but I have also returned several due to poor quality and poor fit. I have an hourglass figure, 5'5 1/2 and wear a size 6 or 8 - I never have problems with fit anywhere else. I stopped buying from them because I never know what size to get and their S&H is ridiculous. FYT, I own 2 pairs of denim leggings (one in dark blue denim color and another in white for the summer). The blue pair (after many washings and 2 years later) still bleed & faded a lot. When I used to wear them, I had to be careful where I sat and would put a towel on the beige leather seats in my car so the dye won't come off on the seats. I got to the point where I just stopped wearing them and got rid of them. I also have a beautiful poncho from SS and it pills like crazy. I highly recommended that you read "all" the reviews prior to making a purchase.

Trusted Contributor

Very nice items, a bit pricey.

New Contributor

Only started following them after a giveaway from Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Her tunic tops (and she does dress conservatively) are from their catalog and it wasn't until I went online that I realized their store about an hour away from me in Chicago.

Their tops are gorgeous and ridiculously expensive. Being retired I no longer need to dress to the nines every day for work and can't justify the cost in my budget. Rarely will I find a sale item in my size either. But it sure is nice to look.

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple things from them and have been very pleased with the quality. Their long flowy tops similiar in style to Lori Goldstein's are much better in quality with substantial fabric instead of her thin cheap looking fabric that just hangs like a rag. Their surplice style cotton tops are very nice and worth the price.