Regular Contributor

Have you hand washed Isaac's 2-Ply Cashmere Sweater Tunic that was recent TSV?

Item A267692 states specifically you can hand wash.  Even Isaac commented on one of his shows that yes, the peice can be hand washed.  

I normally dry clean my cashmere sweaters and have never seen these instructions on any of Isaac Cashmere sweaters that I own except for this one.  

For those of you who have already hand washed this item, how did it come out?  And what type of soap did you use?  Also, have any of you used the hand washing cycle in your machine?    

Thank you for your comments.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you hand washed Isaac's 2-Ply Cashmere Sweater Tunic that was recent TSV?

I love cashmere and have many cashmere sweaters. They all say Dry Clean Only but I wash every one of them in my washer on gentle for a short time and just a tad of detergent. I lay them to dry, never in the dryer.  They come out perfect!

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you hand washed Isaac's 2-Ply Cashmere Sweater Tunic that was recent TSV?

[ Edited ]

I don't shop at QVC, so I don't own the sweater you mention, but I do "hand wash" all of my cashmere sweaters and the result is great. I stopped dry cleaning years ago. I use Orvis Quilt Soap in place of regular detergent because it's so gentle. (I was warned about using Woolite years ago because the ingredients can break down cashmere and other fabrics needing special, gentle care.) I used to hand wash all cashmere in the sink, but now that I have a front-load machine, I choose the ultra-delicate cycle (about 18 minutes), using cold water, cold rinse, and place the cashmere item in a mesh bag, which keeps it from stretching, etc. Air dry by laying out completely flat. Hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a large collection of cashmere - some are 15-20 years old and look like new!

I wash them with Philosophy 3 in 1 products. It it's good enough for MY hair, it's good enough for cashmere.

They come out MUCH better than dry cleaning, which I used to do.

Respected Contributor

i handwash my cashmere sweaters. use a small tub and a drop of ivory, rinse and then spin them out.  roll in a big towel and lay flat to dry

Respected Contributor

I  don't have any Isaac cashmeres, but many others, wash (delicate) in the machine with baby shampoo, lay flat to dry. many years ago did dry clean but I don't think that's good, really like them washed much better.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your responses!

Honored Contributor

All my wool and cashmere gets machine washed  delicate cycle in a bag,using Eucalan wool wash.

Respected Contributor

Somewhere I read to put hair conditioner in the rinse water for wool sweaters. Same idea as softening human hair.

Don't wear wool pullovers anymore but use the conditioner on my walking length sweaters.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill