Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever shopped a Boscovs?

@ValuSkr wrote:

They're here in PA but I rarely go into them.  They're a throwback to the 1970's - garish, with mirrored ceilings - and rather a mess.  Good luck finding anything.  They're an old style department store, with everything from clothing to electronics to a candy counter.  I don't know how they stay in business - well, they've been through bankruptcy twice in recent years.

I don't know know where you have shopped at Boscov's but there are three close to my home.  They are clean modern stores and everything is well organized.  Our local Macys store is not as nice as Boscov's. And they do have a wonderful old fashioned county counter.  I buy Godiva Chocolate there. Mmmmm

Respected Contributor

@Carmie

@ValuSkr

Have shopped at different Boscov's department stores and will say these are very clean.  Their prices and sales are very good.  The only time they are "messy" are at the end of the day and when there is a huge sale going on:  thanks to customers for this.

The candy counter even has sales.  Whenever I stop by, I get one square of dark chocolate bark---don't trust myself with more !!! They also make their own fudge right in front of you.

Love the selection which can satisfy the young and elderly ( think sweaters with the side pocket for tissues which my mom and aunt loved ) as well as some of the name brands for me which other posters started to mentioned.

Post winter season clearance, the bargains on accessories are excellent--do some of my Christmas shopping then.  

Boscov's is only one of the several stores I shop.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Very reputable. Though I live near several stores, I haven't been in one in a few years. But they carry my favorite brand of pajama pants so I order online from them several times a year.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE Boscovs.  We first discovered this store while on our way to vacation in OCNJ (another favorite spot).  We had a few rainy beach days and made our way to Boscovs by Atlantic City, New Jersey for a little shopping therapy and have been hooked ever since.  I think their clothes are fabulous ... many, many name brands, and the best part for us were the prices !!  We always find things we like ... my sister and I shop in different departments but we continue to have successful shopping experiences. We go back every time we see a Boscovs store whether in Maryland or if we are in NJ or PA.  We also go to OCNJ for a block party every September (just the girls trip) and we make a point of stopping there again.  Any excuse seems to work for us !!  I have also shopped online ...  again for the prices which are better than Macy's in my area ...

Regular Contributor

I'm from South Jersey, and although there is not a store near where I live now, my family in NJ loves Boscovs. They tell me the quality and prices are very good.

Respected Contributor

I've only shopped from their website but got some great deals on Clarks and Liz Claiborne. 

Respected Contributor

I sometimes stop in there when I'm at the mall, and I have bought a few things there, but I really have to be in the mood to spend some time searching (re clothing).  To me it's like Marshalls - I have to sift through an awful lot of stuff to maybe find one thing I like.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sad state in our area for shopping.  One mall has been closed for 15 years or  more.  The other mall has department stores that are small.. Sears.  Penneys.  For the most part we are Walmart territory.  HOWEVER the empty mall has Home Depot at one end and Boscovs at the other.  Middle closed as I previously stated.  

Boscovs is our one really nice store.  It has sales galore and a great selection of merchandise.  So when I am looking for something special and I actually want to go to a physical store.. Boscovs is my place to go.  (mostly I am an online or catalog shopper).  Boscovs is the one exception.  

Super Contributor

Still to this day online or in a store you have to work hard to beat everything a Boscovs offers.  Great service, better prices, large choices and a nice store where you can find almost anything for different price ranges, reminds me of when department stores had a Budget store in the basements.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I do not care much for there clothing. But, I shop for home goods online they are about a hour ride by car from the town I live in in NJ.