Super Contributor

Have you ever received an open package??

I am just a little surprised today....I was excited to get my exchange on my Barefoot Dreams Hi-Lo Cardigan.  I was a little surprised when I opened the package and I received a cardigan that had the plastic package already ripped open.  Just tacky IMHO.  I work at a retail store and we would NEVER send a customer a package that was ripped open.  We would re-package it and make it look nice before sending it out.  It was a $100 sweater with shipping, handling, and tax.  The least they can do is  re-package it to make it look nice.  Just venting as I am really irritated!

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever received an open package??

@BeeweaverYears ago, I received what I'm pretty sure is the most expensive piece of clothing I ever bought in my whole life even at its sale price.  My sales associate ordered it for me from another store because there were none left in my size.  The sweater had been tossed into a box which would have held at least 3 of them with no tissue at all so that it lay crumpled in a corner of that huge box.  This was not QVC, but one of the big chains noted for its excellent shipping and packaging.

That package hadn't been opened along the way -  some employee did a poor job!  Fortunately for me because I really did want the sweater, when I took it to my store to have alterations done, they steamed it back into its proper shape.  But, both our sweaters should have received better treatment.

Super Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@BeeweaverYears ago, I received what I'm pretty sure is the most expensive piece of clothing I ever bought in my whole life even at its sale price.  My sales associate ordered it for me from another store because there were none left in my size.  The sweater had been tossed into a box which would have held at least 3 of them with no tissue at all so that it lay crumpled in a corner of that huge box.  This was not QVC, but one of the big chains noted for its excellent shipping and packaging.

That package hadn't been opened along the way -  some employee did a poor job!  Fortunately for me because I really did want the sweater, when I took it to my store to have alterations done, they steamed it back into its proper shape.  But, both our sweaters should have received better treatment.

My package wasn't opened along the way, but rather the plastic bag that the Barefoot Dreams Sweater is originally packaged in was an obivious return as it had been ripped open.  The shipping bag was intact.

Esteemed Contributor

I never as yet got a open package sent to me... but, back in the day I ordered a refurbished Laptop and the packaging was so bad and unprotected the computer itself was defective. Of course I sent it back and never ordered another refurbished device again.Robot Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@Beeweaver    last week I received a padded envelope from Amazon with a slit on the side ....... the envelope was empty!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Just last week I received two tops where the plastic bags were not sealed and the tops were the wrong color.  Items were not folded correctly and no tissue paper.  I sent them back of course as wrong color/size sent!  Was shocked to say the least!  What the heck QVC?????  I have never received a package from QVC where the shipping package was open. 

But, I did receive a coat from Eddie Bauer several months ago where the whole shipping bag was open.  I am surprised the coat was still inside anf not damaged!  I called Eddie Bauer and they didn't seem to care!  Sort of like talking to QVC Customer Service.

Respected Contributor

The strangest thing I’ve had happen was with an Amazon order. It was a toner in a glass bottle inside a shipping box.

When it opened it, the bottle was broken and empty but nothing was wet. There were no dried stains either.  It was like someone packed and sent me an empty bottle.

Honored Contributor

Someone else had it and they exchanged or returned it and they sent it out to you.  No, I have never received an open package and if I did, I'd return it unless I bought it as an "as is" item.  To be fair, I have never received anything in less than pristine condition.  That's a big part of why I shop with shopping channels.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have gotten a package that was opened.  I don't mean the inside.  I mean the outside.  I was a little upset because people could take information from the bill of sale inside and use my credit card information.  Customer service said they could not do that, as it did not contain enough information.  Tell me it's raining in the Sahara most of the time and expect me to believe it.  I felt the same way with that story.

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Someone else had it and they exchanged or returned it and they sent it out to you.  No, I have never received an open package and if I did, I'd return it unless I bought it as an "as is" item.  To be fair, I have never received anything in less than pristine condition.  That's a big part of why I shop with shopping channels.

Me too!  That is why I was so surprised to get a sweater with the bag it is packed in opened.  It wasn't the shipping bag that was opened.  That has never happened to me before with QVC.  Just a little irritating to pay so much money and not have a new item sent.  It wasn't an "as is" item.