Respected Contributor

Re: Have you cleaned out all of the short tees from your closet?

I don't wear crop tops. This is more my style. A leather trim T from Lord & Taylor that I wore yesterday with a pair of slim black leather pants. Got a lot of compliments. Could have used longer sleeves in church where they set the AC too cold.

newL&Ttop.jpg

Honored Contributor

snicks wrote:
I don't buy any short tees, as they don't look good on me, need at least mid hip length. So, yes, I am doing well, lol.

i am the same way @Snicks1

i dont buy any short tops or tanks anymore. they have to come to at least mid hip area.

the shorter tops and tanks just emphasis my hips and booty more.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@nycgrl

Sister from another mister! lol

I too have long legs for my height; freakishly some may say. I rarely need to hem and I never purchase petites! (in bottoms)

Tunic lengths generally chop my legs off in an unflattering manner and depending on the shape; can make me look hippier than I am.

But give me a dramatically long length and I'm all over it!

What I'm wearing today works because it fits close to the body

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@nycgrl

Sister from another mister! lol

I too have long legs for my height; freakishly some may say. I rarely need to hem and I never purchase petites! (in bottoms)

Tunic lengths generally chop my legs off in an unflattering manner and depending on the shape; can make me look hippier than I am.

But give me a dramatically long length and I'm all over it!

What I'm wearing today works because it fits close to the body

Oooh - I could so wear this outfit Heart

Respected Contributor

No way.  I really dislike long tops and 99.9% of everything that is sold today.  I'm sticking with what I have in my closet.  As someone else already remarked, the older pieces are made of better fabric that today's styles anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I own short and long.  I buy by color and fabric design. I know what I can wear and what I cannot to look good.  What is in style, I make work for me.  There is usually petite versions.  So I am reluctant to toss anything away unless the fabric is torn, worn or faded.

Honored Contributor

I actually spend quite a bit of my clothing $$ on t-shirts. I LOVE the pima cotton ones from LLBean.  I buy the ugly colors on sale to wear around the house.  

At the start of the summer, I buy a couple of new black ones ALWAYS, and a few colors.  I then recycle some of last years that are a little worn to wear around the house.  So mine that I wear out are relatively new.  In the fall, I'll buy at least 2 or 3 new long sleeved ones. 

I often save some of the new ones in the package and take them on vacation since we go fairly early in the season, then wear them all summer.  

Where I live, you need to keep a few short sleeved ones in the closet all year.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

I'm the same way; you can never have too many plain cotton v-neck tees and tanks!

And when I see a twofer or threefer I'll pick up more ....

Sports Authority always had good sales on both

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Sooner

I'm the same way; you can never have too many plain cotton v-neck tees and tanks!

And when I see a twofer or threefer I'll pick up more ....

Sports Authority always had good sales on both

I have learned the hard way just plan for it, buy some new ones, and recycle the old ones to home wear.  If you don't you'll wind up with a closet full of sad looking t's you don't want to wear.

And yes, it's always v-necks for me!!!!  LOL!!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Long shirts and jackets look stupid on me: I will never get rid of my "short" tees--they come down a few inches below my waist.