Valued Contributor

Re: Have you cleaned out all of the short tees from your closet?

I definitely look better in a shorter tee...but not one that shows my midriff if I reach up. The longer ones, not necessarily tunic, are not flattering on me. They end right across the middle of my hip, which is not a good look for me. 

Contributor

I wish QVC offered more Tees that are shorter. As it is, I have bought nearly every color of one D&C style they have. I don't want tunic or longer length tops with my basic pant style. I look rather dumpy in them even thoughI am heavier. To each her own.

Respected Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I don't clean my closet out because the styles change.  I have a basic look that I think looks good on me and I stick with it.  I do not have long tees because I don't wear tights and I don't like the tee being longer than my jacket or sweater.

I am the same way, except I don't have short tops.  I'm tall and don't like short/cropped tops/jackets.  I also don't like the look of a top being longer than the jacket.  I also do not change out my closet from season to season.

Honored Contributor

I can't do tunic length. Just walked in to the bank and the shirt I have on is too long (my reflection in the window)!

I pulled a halftuck for a more flattering look  Smiley Frustrated

With the exception of tees and tanks it's actually not so easy finding something cute AND short these days. I was picking up some assorted sundries at Target last weekend and perused the clothing while I was there. I did buy a cute  plaid flannel shirt but the majority of the stuff was long! I even commiserated with the sales girl that was restocking the tee shirts and she had the same issue: We're too short for the long shirts to look good!

It's interesting though that the really long duster length DOES look good on me...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I prefer a length that isn't too short or too long. I have a few longer tops that I wear with slim jeans or pants, but most of mine are somewhere in the middle. 

Respected Contributor

I am always in the process of cleaning out...I find though that my older tees are so much higher quality cotton than what is out there now...so I tend to keep them...same with my older cotton sweaters.  Too bad the newer ones are so much thinner and cheaper...

Respected Contributor

No, I wear short sleeve tees all year long.  When it gets chilly I wear them under cardigans and blazers and under my denim jackets.  

Honored Contributor

On my figure a longer top looks much better so tunic length is all I buy. I am also tall so that makes a difference. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know why I would ever want to do that. I'm only 5' tall, so unless I buy a crop top, not many things are really short on me, anyway. Smiley Happy

I don't really like tunic length tops because of my height. They look way too long on me and tug and pull in all the wrong places. 

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo - Funny, I can actually pull off that really long duster also, but tunics not so much.  I am only 5'3" so not exactly "petite" - can't wear petites because of the rise - I have longer legs and shorter body.  Still wear regular length tees which work well for me.  Have some tunics that may be bagged for donation.

Since I work in the corporate world, I wear proper trousers and blouses or tops - not tunics and leggings.  I mostly stick to classic styles that have longevity and fill in with 1 or 2 trendy pieces.