Respected Contributor

Re: Have you cleaned out all of the short tees from your closet?

I don't own any "long" tees. I'm short-waisted and I'm thrilled if a top is short enough to land a couple inches below my waist.

Respected Contributor

Funny you should mention this.  I think most of my tops over time have gotten longer.  Then I bought Halston's cropped sweatshirt (A270260) and realized how much I missed the look of a shorter top.  I went back for two more colors when they went on clearance!

Esteemed Contributor

I clean out tops that don't fit well and that includes anything that is too short. I prefer tunic length tops to wear with skinny jeans and pants. If a top is too short or is too tight (including showing back fat) it gets tossed. Nothing is worse than a top that looks somewhat ok from the front and shows back fat from the sides and back.

I have written this before but when you are looking to replace your t shirts with longer ones, try looking at the maternity t shirts at Target. The Liz Lange ones are cut straight across and don't have that dip like most maternity wear. They have side ruching to skim and disguise the tummy area and they aren't expensive. Target has long sleeved versions in the winter and short sleeve ones for spring and summer.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "shorter" tees. I also don't understand why anyone needs to get rid of them. ???

I do not care for tunic length ones on myself so there aren't any in my closet. I also skip very short ones. I am happy with the ones I own - rather middle of the road in length, I guess.

I wear what looks good on me & don't follow trends.

I was thinking the same thing.   What was the urge to toss them prompted by?

Esteemed Contributor

Kept mine and still wearing them.  Of course on me nothing is really short.  I am five feet tall.  

Respected Contributor

No. I look best in tees that come to mid hip, and since I'm 5 feet 4 inches, that is a fairly short tee by today's standards. 

I actually seek out short tees! 

Respected Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

Yep - did it today.  I've lost 25 lbs since last summer so nothing fits. Had to part ways with all my LLBean pima cotton tees - and of course they no longer offer the colors I love. 

I will be stalking their site.

That is a happy reason to be replacing tees! Congrats on your weight loss.

Honored Contributor

What do you mean by shorter?  If you mean t-shirts that are cropped at the waist or belly shirts, those haven't been in my closet for years and years.   If you mean a regular, standard length t-shirt that is about mid-hip length, I wear those all the time and will continue to wear them.  

Respected Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

Yep - did it today.  I've lost 25 lbs since last summer so nothing fits. Had to part ways with all my LLBean pima cotton tees - and of course they no longer offer the colors I love. 

I will be stalking their site.

@shoptheQ  Hey.......that's a good problem to have.  Congrats to you!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Hmm . . . yes, what is shorter? For me, it means getting rid of all of the tees that started out where I like them (hip-length) and have slowly crept up with washing and drying. I don't do tunics at all.