Honored Contributor

Have you cleaned out all of the short tees from your closet?

[ Edited ]

When I meet the girls for lunch or go to an appointment I'm usually dressy casual. Those clothes are much different from what I wear to work. Then, as I imagine, we all have what we wear around the house.

I've had a hard time replacing former, shorter tops (as long as for or five years ago) with longer ones. (I'm not going tunic length on a shirt;  too much fabric.).  

It's a slow, continuing process because I don't buy anything I don't love.

How's your replacement going?

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you cleaned out all of the short tees from your closet?

I still wear both short and long tops, depending on the occasion and what I have on my lower half.  Jeans or pants = shorter top, leggings or jeggings = longer top.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Some figures don't look so great in short tees.  I have one of those figures, so I can't tell you when I last bought a short tee, but 50 years ago might be close.

Respected Contributor

I don't clean my closet out because the styles change.  I have a basic look that I think looks good on me and I stick with it.  I do not have long tees because I don't wear tights and I don't like the tee being longer than my jacket or sweater.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy any short tees, as they don't look good on me, need at least mid hip length. So, yes, I am doing well, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I still wear shorter tee shirts and tops; it's not like traditionl length tops suddently went out of style.  There are times when a longer top just won't work with an outfit.  Like when you want to tuck your top into your pants or skirt.  I have both in my closet.

Valued Contributor

working on that right now!  I really dislike the way short T's look on me & others.

I don't like the long long tail looks, but something in between

Valued Contributor

Yep - did it today.  I've lost 25 lbs since last summer so nothing fits. Had to part ways with all my LLBean pima cotton tees - and of course they no longer offer the colors I love. 

I will be stalking their site.

Esteemed Contributor

I have exactly two short tees that I wear with maxi skirts...otherwise, tunic length (no more than 30") is all I own. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I am not sure what you mean by "shorter" tees. I also don't understand why anyone needs to get rid of them. ???

I do not care for tunic length ones on myself so there aren't any in my closet. I also skip very short ones. I am happy with the ones I own - rather middle of the road in length, I guess.

I wear what looks good on me & don't follow trends.