Honored Contributor

Re: Have you changed to your "fall" handbags yet?

About a month ago I fell in love with a Tig bag and the color choices were not the best but I got it in black. It is a very practical and very pretty purse and I don't mind the black color. I think a black purse is all season appropriate. I keep watching for them to bring out this purse in some shade of brown/tan. Otherwise I will carry the black all winter.

Esteemed Contributor

I did put away my nice Dooney small Lexington tote bag as it's sky blue in color and I'm carrying a handbag in light brown right now. Most of my bags are dark in color year round too.

Honored Contributor

I'm still carrying my "colorful" purses.  It was 90 where I live (Atlanta) yesterday.  I'm not quite ready to change to the darker colors yet.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I change bags and wallets frequently, so I would say I have none that are designated "fall" or any other season.  They go with my mood.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

My khaki Travelon bag works all year for me. It has great organization. That's my day bag.

When DH and I go out, I choose a different bag. For fall/winter I have a brown Michael Kors bag I love.

Trusted Contributor

I just changed from a light pink color bag to a gray one yesterday.  I usually stay with a neutral bag but I had bough the pink last year and really liked the color.  I will wear the gray for a while and then switch to a brown leather.  I have a dark green that I love that I usually wear toward the end of the year for the holidays.  I always get compliments on it and it is an inexpensive bag but it just looks good all the time.

Miata 1

Trusted Contributor

All of my bags are neutral and I use them year-round.  I'm really coveting one in a burgundy shade, though, so that might be my first exception because I wouldn't carry that color in spring/summer.  Would also love to have a bag in hunter green for fall/winter.

Trusted Contributor

Will be switching up next week when we start a 10 day trip to Michigan's upper peninsula to check out color changes. I've been carrying a cornflower blue E-Bags piazza day bag since May. Will switch to either a Vera satchel or an E-Bags east/west bag in navy. Both of them are larger, but the E-Bag one has a lot of security features, as I'll probably choose that one for our trip but go back to the Vera when I get home.

Honored Contributor

Yes. I was carrying an off white bag during the summer, and I put it away about 2 weeks ago. Right now I am carrying a camel or black bag depending on my outfit. 

Frequent Contributor

Yep -- am in the east -- NYC -- and jsut changed over this weekend.  

viewer 45