Super Contributor

Have you changed to your "fall" handbags yet?

I know you Ladies in the south and west probably don't have to, but I was wondering if you Ladies in the Midwest like me are wearing your fall color handbags now. Tomorrow is the first day of fall, and I am still carrying my turquoise bag. As we Midwesterners know, when we start with the fall/ winter fashions, we have them on for a long, long time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you changed to your "fall" handbags yet?

I changed from an off-white bag to a black leather bag for now but I also have a plum leather and dark brown leather.  I would love a dark gray leather if I could find one I like, plus I usually wait for sales.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I went from my blue Vera to my orange Vera LOL Carry that for a month, then, go into black. Vera , has a dark brown I need to check out if I can find it.

Honored Contributor

I changed from ivory to taupe. I don't want to start using dark-colored bags yet, as the winter season is long enough as it is. As long as the weather stays warm, l will wait to use the wintry colors as long as possible.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

fall starts this week and i'm thinking of changing even though it is still quite warm here in ca.  i'm getting tired of carrying the same bag and looking forward to a change!

i'm now carrying a luggage color crossbody and may change to my pewter or merlot.  i have hunter green for winter that i want to carry.

Esteemed Contributor

@pegomyheart wrote:

I know you Ladies in the south and west probably don't have to, but I was wondering if you Ladies in the Midwest like me are wearing your fall color handbags now. Tomorrow is the first day of fall, and I am still carrying my turquoise bag. As we Midwesterners know, when we start with the fall/ winter fashions, we have them on for a long, long time. 

As I live on the west coast ... I really don't have a 'summer' bag. Although if I'm traveling to Hawaii ... I will take a 'straw' or canvas tote. I don't own any white/off white bags.

I love a beautiful purse ... but I'm kind of on the *cheap* side when it comes to my purse shopping habits. I do own some nice leather bags ... but I find I get a lot more use out of a cross body bag and just add my brief case/attache for work days.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

The handbag I carry depends on the outfit I'm wearing.  I change mine daily if necessary,

Honored Contributor

@pegomyheart

Hi Peg, I was carrying this Travelon bag (in olive) all summer and probably could have carried it thru fall.

Travelon Front Cinch Bucket  Bag with RFID

I recently changed into this one - on sale from JCP

St. John's Bay® Leah Satchel

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I have MANY bags! I put away all of my summer bags last week and have been using a beautiful Brighton fabric bag in an array of fall colors. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"