Valued Contributor

Have you caught this like I have?

Suspicions confirmed a few weeks ago and am sure tonight. Some posters are phantom posters. I stress this one thing, when you and I post, our total count of posts goes up. For quite some time I have noticed that some posters, usually new, can keep on posting (or causing problems) and the count never goes up. I cannot be the only person who has noticed. If this makes it to the east coast morning hours without some Q entity deleting it then I have proof if "those posts" have not been deleted. Do you realize what this means? At best a few Q employees are joining in on the fun.
Valued Contributor

Re: Have you caught this like I have?

Guess what, my tablet got scrambled with beautiful color displays. I am tempted to fire up the desktop but it is too late. I was right. :-)
Honored Contributor

RF, your post count goes up because the post hangs around. If the post is deleted, the count is debited the number of posts. If "new users" register to get on and cause trouble, and the posts are deleted, the number reflects it.

Respected Contributor

I do not think that they take deleted posts from your total post count any longer.

They used to, years ago, but not now.

The low post counts are just new nics that sometimes don't last long enough to accumulate higher counts.

Respected Contributor

I really don't pay attention to how many posts one has; unless of course it's 1 and then depending on the topic, I question their validity.

But nothing at all would surprise me as to the goings on here.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}