Honored Contributor

Have You Turned Your "Extra Bedroom" Into A Closet????

SO many bloggers have extra space (or are finding space) which they are turning into designer closets.  

DH would have a fit!  lol!!!  He doesn't get it.  None of the women in his family were into fashion at all.

I only need one br. for grandsons.  We have 3 large bedrooms.  I don't want to lose my Victorian furniture.  Maybe I hate "cleaning closets"!

I have the space, I just don't!

Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Turned Your "Extra Bedroom" Into A Closet????

Well, not formally but since my girls are all out of the house and married, I have taken over all three of their closets!  I keep fall/winter clothes in one and spring/summer in another one.

Shoes and handbags in both of them.  

I still have a lot of their old stuff here too.  Prom dresses, graduation robes, bridesmaid dresses etc

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

I have not.. I have purged so much that my walk-in closet suits my needs.  Since I have downsized my wardrobe it is much easier getting dressed.  I found I was wearing only a small percentage of what was in my closet.  

Trusted Contributor

If I had an extra bedroom, I totally would make it into a giant closet.  As it is now, my bedroom is pretty much a giant closet I sleep in and we have a giant walk in closet.  O well, hubs loves me and takes up very little room.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

If I cleaned out the two extra closets. I would never hear the end of it from DH!!!!!!!

Talk about no peace!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I would love to do that but I live in a 75-year old house so the bedrooms are small as are the closets.  

Respected Contributor

NO, but I'll tell you what we did do a few years ago that I LOVE.  We turned a small bedroom (formerly our son's bedroom) into the laundry room.  No going up and down stairs to the basement.  The room was a small bedroom, with a small closet, but it is just perfect as a laundry room for the washing machine, dryer, clothes racks and sink and we kept the small closet. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I would love to do that but I live in a 75-year old house so the bedrooms are small as are the closets.  

@DiAnne 

I could argue my case with your situation.   DH's mother only had jeans and tees. In the day of your house, clothing changes were a luxury!

Respected Contributor

Not a clothes closet, but one bedroom has cabinets built especially to hold my holiday decor. And there is an Origami shelf in the closet for overflow from my food pantry.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, in my previous house.

Kids all grew up & left. It was nice, helpful but not much to look at.

I downsized, but this house has more closets. Win!