Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Tried Side Stitch Fashion

@ECBG @shoesnbags @SFGIANTSGIRL @skatting44 @San Antonio Gal 

Thanks for the interesting info.....here is where I am coming from.  I purchased a cute outfit....tencel hoodie and skirt at a boutique in Boston 20 years ago.  I still have the hoodie which I do not wear often.  I thought it was heavy, Iand it showed any stain.  i am sure that today's Tencel is quite different.  I am going to give Side Stitch a try based on your wonderful comments and recommendations.  I, too, believe in buying a few less items and going for the ones that are a bit more pricey.  As I mentiioned above, I have some really antique items that were pricier than others and still have them.  Non are too trendy but more classic like a wonderful pair of straight-leg leather pants from Nordstrom's.  They still fit because I believe the sizes were more true to size than today's items that seem to be smaller in size.  I am fired up and will look from something from Side Stitch on sale and will report back to base.  Thanks again

Esteemed Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@ECBG @shoesnbags @SFGIANTSGIRL @skatting44 @San Antonio Gal 

Thanks for the interesting info.....here is where I am coming from.  I purchased a cute outfit....tencel hoodie and skirt at a boutique in Boston 20 years ago.  I still have the hoodie which I do not wear often.  I thought it was heavy, Iand it showed any stain.  i am sure that today's Tencel is quite different.  I am going to give Side Stitch a try based on your wonderful comments and recommendations.  I, too, believe in buying a few less items and going for the ones that are a bit more pricey.  As I mentiioned above, I have some really antique items that were pricier than others and still have them.  Non are too trendy but more classic like a wonderful pair of straight-leg leather pants from Nordstrom's.  They still fit because I believe the sizes were more true to size than today's items that seem to be smaller in size.  I am fired up and will look from something from Side Stitch on sale and will report back to base.  Thanks again

@tobes 

When you mentioned heavy, it made me think of something.  When tencel is wet, it will feel heavy. Then when it dries it becomes lighter again.  And for me, the key to get the wonderful softness back is a tumble in the dryer with no heat, although I'm sure everyone has their own technique.  But don't panic at how heavy your garment feels when you first take it out of the washer.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags Thanks shoes.  I felt the jacket was heavy before it was washed.  Of course the jacket is oer 20 years old, so Tencel may have been improved since then.  Based on your recommendation, I am going to try Side Stitch if I can find a piece on sale first.  

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs @Thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately, I'm still in terrible pain.

There isn't much more the Drs can do right now.  The break this time was near the S curve.

I did Skype with my PA in Drs office.  I see her about every 3 weeks.  Sometimes she shoots a mixture of stuff in various parts near the spine.  It doesn't do much.  One problem is it slips out of alignment.  This causes the nerves to tighten.

The pain is unbelievable.  I've had 3 times some of the nerves on the spine burned off.  He does it under an X-ray machine.  You can smell the skin burning.  Not pleasant.

She told me there is a new procedure that might work for me.  Fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Sorry to hear you are still in pain.  Years ago I hurt my back/pelvis and was under doctors orders to not lift, over do anything, lifting no more than a few pounds, etc.  I was in terrible pain, but my pain only lasted one long summer!  It was quite depressing to be in costant pain......

I hope you can find relief with the new procedure.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Leaving for a week this morning.  I will have a lap top there.

I'll wave when I pass!!!Smiley Happy

Enjoy your week @ECBG ....

Respected Contributor

I bought the striped pants when they first came to QVC. I like them a lot and they are good quality.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Leaving for a week this morning.  I will have a lap top there.

I'll wave when I pass!!!Smiley Happy

Enjoy your week @ECBG ....

@Shanus 

Thank you!Smiley Happy