Respected Contributor

Have You Tried Side Stitch Fashion

[ Edited ]

I notice that fashions from Side Stitch are higher price wise than some  other QVC fashions.  Have you ordered any Side Stich fashion?  Please review and give your recommendation.  Are the fashions worth the cost?  How is the fit? Are you thinking of trying this product?

Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Tried Side Stitch Fashion

No I haven't but the price of it tells me I never will.

It's just way too expensive for what it is.

I can't justify paying that much money for something so simple.  I can often talk myself into something I really want.

However, these days my time is spent going to lunch and doctors appointments.

Evidentally,some people must be buying them.  They must know something about these clothes that skips my brain.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 ....you have not mentioned much (that I have seen) about your back...is the healing process going as expected?

Respected Contributor

@tobes wrote:

I notice that fashions from Side Stitch are higher price wise than some  other QVC fashions.  Have you ordered any Side Stich fashion?  Please review and give your recommendation.  Are the fashions worth the cost?  How is the fit? Are you thinking of trying this product?

I got a tencel button up and thought it was oversized including long. I am a Q medium and their M was too big. 

Honored Contributor

I have ordered several tops from side stitch and to me they are well worth the difference.  They launder well, (I line dry everything) and the fabric has a beautiful drape.

Honored Contributor

@tobes 

No, I haven't bought Side Sttch, but I have purchased tencel shirts and pants on sale elsewhere for a lot less money.   Chico's carries quite a bit of tencel - often on sale.  I like the fabric.

Side Stitch fabric description is "tencel lycocell."  So, I'm thinking it's a blend of two fibers. 

A quick online search ....

Lyocell vs Tencel. Many people tend to be confused whether lyocell and tencel is the same thing. The truth is that Tencel is just a brand name for a type of lyocell. Both of the fabrics are wood-based cellulose fibers. However, the main difference between the two is that Lyocell is made from bamboo pulp, whereas, tencel is made from wood pulp.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG I agree with everything you wrote. Bought one blouse and it is very well made. Probably will purchase more. 

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

Yes I have several blouses and this top. Side Stitch Sleeveless Striped Linen Blend Top with Button Detail - A350103

I feel this line runs looser than some other lines but that's because of the way they are constructed.  Not meant to be fitted.  More relaxed.  They have a higher price tag but it's quality workmanship.  I've had more items I've returned for defects but never with Side Stitch.  I don't mind paying the higher price tag.

Esteemed Contributor

I have quite a few Side Stitch blouses and joggers.  They are so soft on the skin and can be worn comfortably even on hotter days.  I wear my blouses buttoned and also open as light weight "jackets."  I especially like the drape of the material.  Always get compliments galore.  I have tencel pants and a skirt that I bought at Marshall's (I think) for much less but the material is not quite as substantial as the Side Stitch brand, I gravitate towards tencel whenever I can find it.  Prices are high so I usually buy pieces when they go on clearance.  I've been buying this fabric for years.

Super Contributor

I only buy them on sale or clearance, but Side Stitch Tencel blouses are something I splurge on. To me, they are worth the price because I am going to actually wear them and wear them for many years. I have tried other brands of the lyocell fabric and it's just not the same.

There is something about the fit that I like. It's never constricting. I have never liked button down shirts until I bought a Side Stitch tencel blouse. I am an apple shape and bigger in my middle than anywhere else, and they just drape over my body.

My first Side Stitch purchase was a baby cordurouy shirt which runs smaller and I barely wear it. I'm glad I splurged and tried the brand again in the tencel fabric. I actually have 4 of them (denim, sage, white mandarin collar, and denim pullover style.). I was bummed about one other one I ordered and had to send back because it felt a couple sizes too small and it looked like someone had shrunk it and returned it. That was annoying because I felt I'd get another returned shirt if I tried to exchange.

They may not be worth it for some, but for me, it's the only kind of button down shirt that I feel truly comfortable in!