Honored Contributor

Have You Shopped At The Talbot's Outlet Store?

I was pleasently surprised when I went to our outlet mall the other day and went to the Talbot's Outlet store.  This store is not damages, they said there are two of those in the US.  

This store had cute cardigans, colored capris, all kinds of shirts, tees, dresses and accessories.  The other stores are much more dressy.

If you've been upset because we lost Liz and don't like the direction of       D & C as some of you have said, you may like this store.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Shopped At The Talbot's Outlet Store?

[ Edited ]
Qvc read the OP's thoughts on D&C change, Not for the better. Styles are frumpy and fabrics cheap. Qvc you can do better, Please- Take your loyal customers seriously.
Esteemed Contributor

It's been over a year so I'm not sure if it's even still open but the one I went to a few times which is about 20 min or so from me I thought was larger square footage wise therefore with more merchandise than the regular store which is about 10 min from me. It was always clean and sensibly laid out and much easier on the wallet than the regular store.

Respected Contributor

No, I don't think I've ever been to one.

Honored Contributor

I am on vacation in Florida this week, and there is one at the outlet mall here. I went in and looked around, but didn't buy anything. I saw items that are in the current catalog. It was smaller then my local Talbots. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

No, I don't think I've ever been to one.

@Bri36Pretty things, nicely made.  I hate that I just found it!

Honored Contributor

The outlet I shopped at closed.  I bought so many pairs of shoes there for dirt cheap.  The clothes were hit or miss.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I visited one recently and had a good experience. The clothes seemed to be of good quality (no flimsy material or see-through tees). They had jeans & jean jackets, slacks, sweaters, tops, accessories - and misses, petites and womens sizes.

I bought 2 tops and a necklace (could have bought more). I didn't notice any overlap in designs with the regular Talbot's.

I wasn't looking for bargains as much as for quality, and they seemed to have both. 

Respected Contributor

I shop at Talbots outlets whenever I go to an outlet mall. They're well-organized, the merchandise is nice and the prices are pretty good. I think some of the clothing is made just for the outlets, but I've gotten some very nice clothing there. The outlets don't all carry all size categories of Talbots clothing, though. My absolute favorite is the Talbots Clearance Store in Springfield, Virginia. Their merchandise is first quality, usually past season. Some of their promotions are unbelievable (i.e, $14.99 for all sweaters, $5.99 for shirts, nothing in the store over $24.99). They have a good variety of merchandise in all size categories. The only downside is that all sales are final. Between the two of them, they've ruined me for shopping in regular retail stores.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have shopped at Talbot's outlet stores. I always find a lot of things and the pricing is fabulous. I bought 3 pair of pants for $9 each and tops were $4&$5. I can't wait to go back this summer. The quality is great and the selections are always very nice.