Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Put Away Your Summer White Yet?

I wore white jean shorts today with a long sleeve aqua shirt.  My favorite jeans are white and I wear them on occasion in the winter.  I wore them Christmas Day last year!

Respected Contributor

I was thinking I'd buck the old rule of "no white after Labor Day" but then I thought, if I wore white all year round, I wouldn't have anything special to pull out and start wearing in the spring. I kind of like switching out my wardrobe,  even though our weather stays pretty warm all year.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine are still in my closet and won't get moved until we quit having sunny hot days with humidity.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I will wear white jeans and summer colors until the end of September. By then it will be cooler and I will wear darker colors

and take out the dark color shoes and bags. I hate giving up my Birkenstocks and will wear them as long as it is warm enough.

I still feel strange about wearing the sandals with socks, even though people are doing it. I'll do that in the house, but not outdoors, in public.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@gertrudecloset  - I bet you have some beautiful clothes in that closet.  You always post pictures of gorgeous clothing so it's obvious you have exquisite taste!  And it's nice you have a sis to share some clothes with.  

She's so much smaller than me.  She eats and it drops right off of her @San Antonio Gal .  The fashion that I post and like, I can't afford right now.  If I could I would though.  Thx...

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I was thinking I'd buck the old rule of "no white after Labor Day" but then I thought, if I wore white all year round, I wouldn't have anything special to pull out and start wearing in the spring. I kind of like switching out my wardrobe,  even though our weather stays pretty warm all year.

I like this.  Makes sense, @Texasmouse "something to look forward to."

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @gertrudecloset !  My white pants are in my closet year-round, as it's always summer in Vegas!  LOL and not really.  I pair them with other winter whites and camels to creat a cohesive look.  I just received a pair of DG2 embroidered pull-on jeans that will pair beautifully with camel or ecru tops and a camel/tan MW jacket. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @gertrudecloset !  My white pants are in my closet year-round, as it's always summer in Vegas!  LOL and not really.  I pair them with other winter whites and camels to creat a cohesive look.  I just received a pair of DG2 embroidered pull-on jeans that will pair beautifully with camel or ecru tops and a camel/tan MW jacket. 

Oh yes it is so hot there!  Florida, Nevada, California (some parts of Texas) I know you won't have to worry so much about the White.  

Regular Contributor

Yes. White pants and jeans were cleaned and put away for next season.

Honored Contributor

I do not own a single item in white...not even sheets or towels.   It is a "most unflattering" color on me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥