Honored Contributor

Have You Ever Bought The "Ruby Road" Brand

[ Edited ]

I became aware of Ruby Road when I was a stylist for Dillards.  When I moved to Belks with the sciatic nerve issue, they carried this brand too.

The prints were pretty, the jackets had easy care fabrics and were the length of denim jackets.  Many of the tees had a few metal designs.  The sportswear styles or dressier coordinates were adorable! The line flew out out!

I WISH I had gotten one of their white and a black broomstick skirt!  They would still be relevant today!

Just found this one on ebay, new with tags.  I can take it up in the waist to fit.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Bought The "Ruby Road" Brand

I got this cute tunic from Drapers & Damon catalogue. It's very nice fabric.

Gingham Clip Dot Shirt By Ruby Rd.

Regular Contributor

I have gotten a few pieces of Ruby Road at Belk.  They are quality pieces and I have enjoyed them.  Recently there are fewer pieces to choose from.  In general the entire Belk store is low on stock.  I asked one of the ladies who works there if perhaps our store was closing and she said our store is now used as a source for on-line orders.  That along with shipping problems has led to empty shelves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I became aware of Ruby Road when I was a stylist for Dillards.  When I moved to Belks with the sciatic nerve issue, they carried this brand too.

The prints were pretty, the jackets had easy care fabrics and were the length of denim jackets.  Many of the tees had a few metal designs.  The sportswear styles or dressier coordinates were adorable! The line flew out out!

I WISH I had gotten one of their white and a black broomstick skirt!  They would still be relevant today!

Just found this one on ebay, new with tags.  I can take it up in the waist to fit.

See the source image

@ECBG 

I got some pieces from them but cannot recall exactly what all there was.  I got some linen things that were way too big for me.  I bought them on the run to take on vacation with me (when I did not try them on).  I wish I would not do that.  I did wear them but brought them home and gave them to my housekeeper who was about 1 or 2 sizes larger than I.  She loved me doing that.  She got a lot of good clothes that way.  I don't think I particularly cared for the fabric, although it was said to be linen.  It was not real linen (flax).  It was more cotton and a poly blend than linen but it sort of looked like linen.  It was okay.  The idea was good.  Some pretty designs.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG I have bought Ruby Road items for several years and like them.  Lots of coordinating pieces and styles.  I have some of their broom stick skirts and they come in Petites.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

This brand is still available at Boscov's.  Look online. I have a few pieces.  Most of their clothing is polyester which is a big NO for me.

I usually remove the embellishments after a while...too much upkeep and special care is required to keep it intact.

They do have cute styles though.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

It seems some of their jackets were poly.  I remember light blues, pinks, and peach items for Easter.

I also missed a black jacket.

If I had gotten them then, they wouldn't fit now.  Later my doctor said he would have asked me to leave.  I had lost a lot of weight and it was affecting me.

I walked and ran all day to get items and put things together.   I was eating,  but I couldn't keep weight on.

My coworkers were pinning my size 6 pants on me.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I used to buy this brand quite a lot!  I really liked it.  I hadn't noticed it any place and didn't know it was still around.  They had a lot of really interesting designs. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I've heard of the brand, and I remember seeing the pieces at my Dillards years ago. I recall seeing lots of skirts, jackets, and embellished tops. I don't remember seeing that many pants or dresses. I never bought anything. 

Regular Contributor

I have many Ruby Rd pieces, mostly tops, that I have purchased from Belks over the years.  They are comfortable and I love the colors and pattterns.  Also, they are consistent in their sizing, which I feel is incredibly important as I make all of my purchases from Belk online as there are none near me.  I loathe having to return things through the mail.