Trusted Contributor

Re: Have You Been Adding Prints to Your Wardrobe?

@lolakimono wrote:

@Himi lover

Here is your new dress. Wear it in good health!

@lolakimono

Thanks sweetie!  I needed a pick-me-up, and you know why.

Esteemed Contributor

funny.............I have been weeding them out.I am never ,"in sync"     Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Yes, I love prints, especially on pants and shoes!

I tend to find more prints in my spring/summer wardobe I can not find as much in my fall/winter shopping.

Malaysia Paisley Print Palazzo Pants

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been cautiously adding prints and stripes. I'm usually more of a solid colors kind of gal but losing weight has led to my being more open to prints. I'm very picky about the ones I choose & most get a thumbs down.

I've got a couple IM floral cardigans, a few print tanks that are worn under cardigans or blouses, a few print blouses, a couple Ikat print beach pants (lightweight, loose & floaty straight legs - not huge like palazzo pants), a few thin striped t-shirts & cardigans. Oh! And a great Chico's black cardigan with a chiffon black/white polka dot inset back!

I'm still mostly a solids gal but I do like the added interest & variety prints offer. 

Honored Contributor

I've alway had prints in my wardrobe, even back in the days when I was making my own clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz

Well, I assume that you have amassed quite a collection of prints in the past five years then!

Cat Tongue

In other news, how are the CA Closets?

@lolakimono

It must seem as if I have been talking about this move forever, but we still have a week to go.  The buyers of our home needed a mortgage and then they were out of the country so we cold not move up our closing date.

We are so ready for this to be over.  I don't do well when things are not in order in my home, so living among and in and out of boxes is creating havoc. I am sure my DH is tired of me being so crabby!  😊

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a big print fan.  It has to be subtle if it's there.  I don't mind some colorblock if it's done a certain way.  I don't like anything to busy with a bunch of colors.  I won't wear it ever.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Here is a pattern (color block) I'd wear.

Colorblock Sheath Dress

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I always have a print top on with a solid bottom. In fact, I love prints -- black & white, floral, geometric -- makes it interesting. Even the majority of my maxi dresses for summer are in prints. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love prints.  The only exception is polka dots which I will not wear.  There has never been a time dating back to childhood when my wardrobe did not have quite a bit of print clothing and accessories.  My favorite is floral print, but plaids must work well on me because invariably I get compliments when I wear anything plaid (even if it's just a scarf).  Speaking of scarves-- they are the best way for the print shy to become comfortable wearing anything in a print.  I accept that there will always be some people who won't wear prints, and that's fine.  For many of them donning something ombre is stepping into print.