Honored Contributor

Re: Have To Disagree With QVC Designers

Lol, I disagree with most of what they say.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@9531 

Have not seen you here for a long time, it seems!

Nice to see you back... is everything ok with you?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I find that QVC has a huge variety in the lengths of their tops.  Many are under 30", and these I will not buy.  I'm 5' 4" but I prefer tops at 31" or so.  Seems like there's something for everyone.  Theyve never intended for every garment to suit every customer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Everywhere on QVC and stores, all i see is the tight clingy straight leg pants or capris. I don't like to wear clingy pants or capris. I do not like tight pants!

i had to go to Bobs to get a casual capri cargo pants. Its actually has pockets in the backside that i dislike and pockets on the sides of the pants that i also do not like.

But it has an elastic wasist and is not clingy! It fits comfortably for me.

The capirs in the stores and on QVC are so tight around the knee. i am 5ft 2 inchs and 140 pounds. I love boot cut pants. the only clingy pants that i love is by Diane Gilman its clingy but not tight. 

Does anyone know of a store that offers loose pants and capris?  

Regular Contributor

It's really all about what looks good on you and how you feel in it. I don't mind the longer tops if they are tailord and fit well. Since I am slim, I really don't like the Baggy look on me at all. Again, all about personal taste. There is something for everyone out there.

Frequent Contributor

Exactly.. They don't work for me and many others.. Glad they work for you.. But how about offering a variety so all of us can enjoy and wear them.. Different body types should be addressed.

Honored Contributor

@judsey wrote:

Everywhere on QVC and stores, all i see is the tight clingy straight leg pants or capris. I don't like to wear clingy pants or capris. I do not like tight pants!

i had to go to Bobs to get a casual capri cargo pants. Its actually has pockets in the backside that i dislike and pockets on the sides of the pants that i also do not like.

But it has an elastic wasist and is not clingy! It fits comfortably for me.

The capirs in the stores and on QVC are so tight around the knee. i am 5ft 2 inchs and 140 pounds. I love boot cut pants. the only clingy pants that i love is by Diane Gilman its clingy but not tight. 

Does anyone know of a store that offers loose pants and capris?  

@judsey.  The pants often shown on QVC  look tight and clingy because they pour overweight models into pants that are too small.  I order those pants in my correct size and they don't fit that way at all.  Also the fabric makes a difference; jersey is clingy but a Ponte knit is more substantial and is not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m short at five feet and most tops and jackets are too long for me.  

I have two skirts from Susan Graver and I need to shorten the tops to wear with them.  I take  them to my seamstress and she shortens them to the appropriate length. For pants, I have to have tops shortened enough to cover to just below my buttocks or an inch or two lower.

Not every length fits all and I tire of the hosts saying they do. 

It’s such a disservice to their customers.

I agree with the op.

Honored Contributor

As a proportioned petite woman at 5ft3 and a size small in tops from the Q, I find the tops fit me in the length most of the time. I agree where the Q fails in fit is that they increase the length as you go up in size. I think if your body is not proportioned to your height, no matter what that may be, it's harder to find clothes that fit off the rack.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@9531  I am sure you know part of the job of the vendors and hosts is to say whatever it takes to make an item appear to be appealing to a large number of customers.  They certainly aren't going to discourage sales by saying those of you under 5'4" shouldn't order this item.  By the same token they say opposite thing to the tall gals when convincing customers that a pair of pants which have been cut and fit for average height range of 5'4 to 5'7 will look ok on women who have longer than average inseams.  Yeah, they show the tall models wearing the pants, but it stands to reason that most items in the models closet undergo some kind of alteration in preparation for on air presentations.     

@Trix, yeah, and those Palazzo pants are going to be slimming on my 5'2" body.  Cat LOL  However, I was under the impression the models had to wear what is available to them.  I was watching one presentation where the host mentioned she had on a smaller size than she would normally wear and had planned on wearing, but that it was all that was available.  Then, one of the models revealed she had on the pair that the host had planned on wearing.