Honored Contributor

Do you wear hats? 

I just got out my box of hats to go through and see what I need this year - colorwise / stylewise. 

I usually just knit or crochet my own - but in 2016, I bought a package of 12 wool berets from Amazon.  They are still looking good - just have to wash and block. 

And - got out some "furry" yarn to make some other hats.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds like fun!  I wish I were a hat wearer, but I just can't get there.  If I get my hair in a reasonable style, I'm ready to go....

Had a fantastic hat once.... I loved it, but never wore it.  It was kind of cowboy-ish with stuff on it that I liked.  Donated it before it got wrecked.... Good luck with your hats, enjoy!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I wear hats or caps when it's really cold in winter and occasionally a baseball cap when mowing the grass or walking at sunset (sun blinds me.) 

By the way, I'm so envious of your needle skills!  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Some ladies look really nice in hats, however I am not one of them. Wish I were though. I think they can be very stylish.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA   A definite hat lover here.  I have a large assortment of wool  berets in many colors and one velvet one for dressier outfits and wear one every day since I have long, baby fine hair and no height in the crown of my head so hats make up for the shortcomings.

I also have a couple of straw sun hats and a "crush proof, packable" one.  

And I have a few vintage hats; I am always on the hunt for a new one if the price fits my budget.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

I just have wide brimned sun hats.  If I lived in a really cold climate, I'd have one really warm one for practical reasons. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like hats and have been told more than once that I look good in them.  When I was growing up in the '50s and '60s my mother and I would go to a "hat" store in the neighborhood.  Those were the days!

Now I only wear hats for warmth and I knit most of my own hats.

Honored Contributor

I rarely wear hats, one exception is outside in really cold weather.  I have a large head, and even if a hat fits , they just don't look great on me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I wear sunhats in the summer to block the sun and ball caps when I am on my walks.....last February we had the deep freeze below-zero temps with no power, snowed-in for over a week and I was so wishing I had a warm hat to keep my ears covered and to sleep in....getting a winter hat is first on my list for this year when I can get out and look....but am looking around online also. 

Respected Contributor

I despise hats BUT have 2 must wear...oversized brim tie in the back hat for yard work & a fleece lined knit hat for shoveling snow. Always happy when I can finally take them off.