Occasional Contributor
Going on week cruise to islands and just dreading the thought of packing! You know drill clothes and swim suits for sightseeing and beach and then formal and semi formal wear for evening! Let's not forget the jewelry and undergarments, make up, hair items, skin and body care, and don't forget shoes and purses! Plus DH is a nonpacker so I pack for him too! Glad we can drive to pier and not fly this time! Wish I could be like some other woman on cruises and just have one piece of luggage! Just how do they do it! Last cruise they took my travel iron away, said its fire hazard! It was my Rowenta Mercedes Benz fashion week iron! Did get it back on last day of cruise when we disembarked! Oh Joy of traveling! We just travel in summer since I work in Public School.
Super Contributor

I'm the opposite - I get excited about packing! It's the UNpacking that drives me crazy!!

I'm looking forward to our next cruise...cannot wait, in fact. Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

Have you been on a cruise before? Sounds like you are planning to take too much.

Plan your outfits around one color and you won't have to take all you are saying.

I sure wouldn't take a lot of jewerly or make-up.

Don't let the packing take away from the joy of your trip.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind so much. I make a list of everything I will wear every day--then I go over it and decide what I REALLY need and take just that AND the list. I also take very little makeup and virtually no jewelry. I have found that you enjoy the trip so much more when you don't have to drag around and dig through a bunch of stuff.

Lighten up and ENJOY!

Trusted Contributor

Stop moaning!!! LOL

You're going on a great vacation not packing for prison!

Trusted Contributor
On 7/10/2014 sandralea said: Going on week cruise to islands and just dreading the thought of packing! You know drill clothes and swim suits for sightseeing and beach and then formal and semi formal wear for evening! Let's not forget the jewelry and undergarments, make up, hair items, skin and body care, and don't forget shoes and purses! Plus DH is a nonpacker so I pack for him too! Glad we can drive to pier and not fly this time! Wish I could be like some other woman on cruises and just have one piece of luggage! Just how do they do it! Last cruise they took my travel iron away, said its fire hazard! It was my Rowenta Mercedes Benz fashion week iron! Did get it back on last day of cruise when we disembarked! Oh Joy of traveling! We just travel in summer since I work in Public School.

I would not complain about packing for a vacation.

Count your blessings. Many people can't afford a vacation and would love to pack for one.

Pack the suitcases, count your blessings and enjoy your vacation.

Occasional Contributor
No this is cruise number 14 for us. Always been high maintance need to relax a little! Lol
Honored Contributor
On 7/10/2014 sandralea said: No this is cruise number 14 for us. Always been high maintance need to relax a little! Lol

Trust me! LEAVE a lot of STUFF behind and you will feel so free and relaxed and have so much fun! It is addictive! And vacation is where you don't have to worry so much about WHO sees you! Have a wonderful, fun-filled time!

Valued Contributor
Have a great trip! I just wanted to commiserate with you about the packing thing. I absolutely DETEST packing. It could be packing for an overnight away, a week family vacation, or moving--every aspect of it I hate!! It's like a deep, psychological thing with me. I'm not even really exaggerating.
Valued Contributor

Well, be glad if you know it's going to be sunny all week. I went to Europe in May/June and didn't pack properly. Was ready for the cooler/rainy weather but half of my trip it was as hot as in California!!! Fortunately, I was visiting family, so got tons of clothes from them but I started appreciate the fact that I live in California now and it's way easier to pack over here when you travel inside the state.