Honored Contributor

Re: Hate the "boob cut-out window" in evening gowns!

I think that's the reason they call it the boob tube!!!-LOL  Some of these celebrities dress like this on all the award shows just to be noticed and be in thenews.......but to me...they are noticed for all the wrong reasons....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt. Never thought of that.  May they will have glue and glitter so are boobs can sparkle.

Honored Contributor

I have some friends/acquaintances who are about 50 years younger than I. Every single one of them thought Demi Lovato's dress was fabulous. I wonder if it would have looked less attractive to her admirers if it had been lined. 

It saddens me that young people who are so beautiful choose to push the limits of coverage, for reasons that appear to be less fashion and more pushing the envelope.

Respected Contributor

It's not something I would wear, but this is the Grammys. Artists are known for pushing boundaries. How boring it would be if everyone played it safe. It is like people who expect artists to not be political. Art has and always will be political. Some of our greatest songs were born of political movements. I don't always like every song or outfit, but I enjoy seeing the various expressions of fashion and music. I enjoy the Grammys more than the Oscars!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I'm a person who doesn't get offended by fashions. It's a personal expression of who you are. Seems we can't post pictures of attire worn on the red carpet. Offensive only to those who let it be.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee You make a good point. I'm not offended at all, and I do find fashion choices to be interesting expressions. It is the Grammy Awards too, they have been that way for as long as I remember.

I'm certainly not offended by women's breasts either, my personal taste is to cover mine. What little I have lol. I prefer more modesty but that's just my personal preference that none of these women have to care about.

As for Cee Lo-not only how did he sit down, but how did he use the facilities? 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

all I can say is some of the dresses were horrid.

The one Adele wore that green one..OMG..

My favorite was the one wore by Chrissy Teigan (sp)..

The one by Santigold again sp..the pink one..was another omg..what were they thinking.

The ones with the "boob cut out.." all left a lot to be desired..sedately done it isn't too bad..but like many had..where a bit much.

Respected Contributor

I think any kind of boobage showing out from dresses is ugly, whether half boobs or cleavage....

... but then I'm not a man.  ;-)

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Here they are side by side.

Carrie Underwood and Faith Hill matched a little too well at the Grammy Awards Sunday night. 

Carrie's is just so overwhelming.  The sleeves are too much. 

I still like Faith's better.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Goldengate, I totally agree with you!  I just now noticed this thread and am thrilled that someone spoke up about this new phenomenon.  

Since when are breasts beautiful when they are held in unflattering ways by tape and you view awkward angles of them?

A low-cut gown with maybe some lift to the bra, and a woman's breasts are to their best advantage.  And, of course, there is always the covered-up look.   Women have worked that look to their advantage for centuries.

"Acrobatic" breasts are not attractive.