Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has the pandemic changed your personal style?

Not really, I always changed into pjs just for bed.  

For all the rest I had home, real clothes and nicer clothes to change into for going somewhere.

The only change is that now I don't go out.

Honored Contributor

No, since I retired I have been wearing comfortable casual clothes around the house. I wear Cuddl Duds quite often during this cold weather. I like turtlenecks and tunics in fall/winter and pima cotton tees in spring/summer. It works for me and I do not plan on changing. 

Honored Contributor

Mostly jeans and tops/sweaters before the pandemic, during the pandemic, and quite sure that it will be the same after the pandemic (if I live that long.)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

No changes here in my personal style. 

I’ve always worn the same things around the house. In the winter I wear jeans, a nice tee or sweater & hoodie or fleece jacket. In the summer I wear Bermuda shorts & nice tees. I own a couple pairs of straight leg knit pants, but I don’t wear & haven't bought into the athleisure trends. I’m not a stretch pant, jogger, or legging person. I don’t wear pjs all day unless I’m sick in bed. 

The biggest change for me is not dressing up every Sunday, because I am not going to church. I really miss that, and I am looking forward to doing that again before 2021 is over. 🌈

Trusted Contributor

Nope. I see lots of cute leisure type of wear, but when I try it on I never like the way it looks on me. I’m just not the sporty type. It’s comfortable, but I can’t bring myself to spend money on something that just isn’t me and that I don’t feel is flattering and pretty.
Leggings are about as casual as I get.❤️
Honored Contributor

It hasn't changed my personal style. But I'm not buying new clothes like I used to, for pandemic and other reasons. And I miss getting dressed up for plays and ballet performances and other things I enjoyed doing. Most times I even dressed up to go to a movie, that helped me through difficult times in my life. And it just gave me a little boost.

I don't own any "loungewear" and feel almost weird that I don't. And that is weird too 😒

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Predominantly different.  Very rare for me to do eye makeup anymore - never blush or lipstick since they really dirty up masks.  And rarely go out.

Leggings or workout pants pretty much sum up winter attire topped with T-shirts and vests.  Warm weather brings out capris.  

I noticed yesterday how few sweaters I have used since I keep worn clothes to minimum and then I know what needs immediate washing.  If worn out, launder.   Not wearing scarves, even minimal jewelry.  

Honored Contributor

I've had a casual, work from home style, for many years.  The only times I needed to dress more professionally, were when we had legal or bank meetings. 

what has changed for me during the pandemic, is that I no longer wear my many rings or bracelets.  With all the extra hand washing  and use of gel sanitizers, I've decided  it's best to be jewelry free in that area.

Respected Contributor

Nope. I've always been a Pandemic dresser, only now, it's in style, lol!! Seriously, I've always dressed for my own comfort 1st and foremost. Haven't worn high heels since...  Maybe I never did! When I had to go to the office ( no more), I dressed up a bit, but not compared to others, who wore tight dresses and sky high heels. That's just not me, and never was.  I have no one to impress and My style works fine for me! 

Super Contributor

Haven't changed a thing. I wear Bob Mackie Tops and Susan Graver black pants. That's as casual as I get. LOL