Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Has shipping gone up on clothing?

mia 2 wrote:

Sunshine45~~Last spring QVC changed their shipping policies.  They stopped refunding our shipping charges on a return but said they were dropping all the shipping charges on clothing and jewelry to $3.  They did much advertising on this change.  That was about last March or April.

@mia 2

yes, i know.....they talked about it often LAST SPRING....but nothing was ever in writing on the website. that led me to believe that it wasnt a forever type of deal.....and it seems that is the case because they have already changed some of the policy. i wont be surprised if the trend to charge more for shipping will continue.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

This was the written notice they put out in an email last February:

Dear Valued QVC Customer,

Every day we’re working hard to deliver more value to you—as we always have. Today is no exception. We’re excited to offer new S&H rates on most items where we charge shipping & handling for standard delivery, starting February 2, 2015.

• All apparel, beauty, and jewelry ships at $3, regardless of price or weight.
  • Most items under $50 and less than 1 lb ship at $3.
  • Most other items under $100 and 1 lb or more ship at $5 or $7.
  • Items $100 or more ship at existing S&H rates; however, many of these include S&H or offer free S&H.

As part of this change, we will no longer discount S&H when you buy two or more items in the same order, but our new S&H rates will benefit you in many cases.

In addition, we will continue to refund original S&H on returns if an item is defective or we made an error; however, effective with orders placed on or after February 17, 2015, if you return the item for any other reason, we will no longer refund the original S&H.

We sincerely thank you for shopping with us, and hope this makes your shopping experience at QVC even better.

Sincerely,

Lisa Norden
VP, Customer Service and Experience

Eight months later and they are raising the rates on jewelry items and probably other things as well.  Yes it makes our shopping experience so much better!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

Interesting that, if the Q has raised the shipping rates that they haven't bothered to notify customers about it, especially as the changes last February also included the information that original S&H would no longer be refunded.

It gets more and more expensive just to see if something works for you - I'm thinking especially about clothing.  I'll just do less shopping with QVC for things like that.  I stopped buying shoes from them a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

@mineralgirl1 wrote:

The shipping policy has changed. Most items ship for $3 or $5 dollars now. This is not refunded if you return the item unless the item you got was incorrect or is defective.Also, returns will cost you about $6.95. Again not refundable ubless incorrect item or defective. So that means a return will cost you at least $10. I don't like the new policy. I think most items are sent by the cheaper snail mail. That means you wont get it as quickly.  I liked the old policy better.

You can return and pay your own postage, not using the return label. For almost everything I return, itt's much cheaper not to use QVC's return label.

Valued Contributor

Yes Venezia--I think we should have been notified.

Pearley~~I do agree to take it to the Post office to save money, however for me and probably others that's not an option due to my health problems.  So therefore I will have to cut back and order very carefully.  I also plan in the long run to get back to driving so I can go to b&m stores instead.

Honored Contributor

I buy from Nordstrom, Barney's & Saks.  And their shipping is always free over $100.00 

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I buy from Nordstrom, Barney's & Saks.  And their shipping is always free over $100.00 

@songbird, shipping is free at Nordstrom without regard to the price of the item.