Valued Contributor

Has shipping gone up on clothing?

I heard today shipping on jewelry over $75 is at least $5 now.  Saw the new prices on line.  Is this with clothing too? ( That means we lose that shipping cost if we return.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Has shipping gone up on clothing?

I don't know.  I just ordered a cotton top an hour ago and the S&H was $3.00, so it doesn't seem like it's gone up to me.

I couldn't find anything on the Q's website where it specifies any more about what the actual shipping charges are.  Maybe a moderator can help?

Valued Contributor

Venezia--would you kindly tell me what a moderator is?  These look like price changes acrosss the board either in jewelry only or on clothing too.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

The shipping policy has changed. Most items ship for $3 or $5 dollars now. This is not refunded if you return the item unless the item you got was incorrect or is defective.Also, returns will cost you about $6.95. Again not refundable ubless incorrect item or defective. So that means a return will cost you at least $10. I don't like the new policy. I think most items are sent by the cheaper snail mail. That means you wont get it as quickly.  I liked the old policy better.

Honored Contributor

@mia 2 - I was referring to the QVC moderators on this board.  They can often post a comment answering a question (in the role of customer service).

Or you could email them directly to ask for information.  HTH.

Valued Contributor

Venezia~~Thanks for the idea.  I have a feeling I know what they are going to tell us.  Shipping is up to $5 on jewelry over $75 and shipping is now up on some clothing under $50.  That's what I can see by looking.  Seems to be a bad time to do this to customers, during the Christmas season.  Also, what bothers me is the large return charges we all will now have, which will hit everyone right after Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

i dont think there is any real written policy that states clothing and jewelry will ship for $3. it doesnt surprise me that these shipping fees are being increased because UPS just raised its rates and the USPS rates are due to go up mid january.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Sunshine45~~Last spring QVC changed their shipping policies.  They stopped refunding our shipping charges on a return but said they were dropping all the shipping charges on clothing and jewelry to $3.  They did much advertising on this change.  That was about last March or April.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't the shipping charge also include insurance?

I do not know for sure, but perhaps this type of insurance has gone up, too.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

The new shipping charges went into effect Feb of this year.  I don't believe it said all clothing and jewelry would be $3.  I think the clothes went by garment weight and jewelry by gram weight.