Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried skinny tees?

What is the difference between Skinny Tees and the 2 for 10 tank tops at Old Navy. I have tanks from ON that are at least 8 years old

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I have four skinny tees, and have mixed feelings about them.  I won't buy any more of them.  Bad out-weigh the good for me.

Good:  I like the look at the neckline when worn as layering pieces.  And like the look pulled down over my pants to hide the line of demarcation between top and pants.

I bought the ones with the higher necklines. I bought them specifically because they were shown by the vendor rep as being worn w/o tucking in and pulled down over her pants.  

Bad:  I don't want to wear them tucked in.  BUT,  unless I tuck them in, they roll up, and wind up rolled up around my waist once I start moving around. 

So I don't get much use from them.

I got some Jockey brand reversible camisole tops that fit nicely and don't ride up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry    I have many both the tank style and the ones with 3/4 sleeves.  I love them!  Yes you could wear them   as they are quite small and stretch to fit just about anysize. I am 5' 8" tall of average weight and they fit great.... but if I were much smaller they still would fit great. Very comfortable, smooth out without constriction....

mine never roll up on me?

and look nice if you want a layered look.    Worth trying!

Honored Contributor

I am just 5 ft tall. I like the long sleeved ones, but I am afraid the sleeves might be too long

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased these for myself to wear under some thinner tops. This past Christmas I ordered a set for my grandson's girlfriend who is petite. She wears them all the time. I was pleased. She's tiny but has a figure. I find they fill a need in your wardrobe. It's nice to have a few on hand. Take a few minutes to try them a few ways and you'll get quite a bit of wear from them.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am just 5 ft tall. I like the long sleeved ones, but I am afraid the sleeves might be too long

@cherry  nice thing about them is that you can adjust the sleeves to whatever length you want. Just like the hem.

Honored Contributor

I own a few Skinnytees. They fit me nicely. I'm usually a size 2-4 or XS in most tops and they fit good with total bra strap coverage and no overly large arm holes where you can see the sides of your bra. They fit good right there. 

If you're looking for more colors, like close to 50+ colors, check out the NikiBiki tanks on Amazon...same fabric and fit as the Skinnytees and some are priced much lower.

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of skinny tees and wear one everyday. They don’t show but I like the snug feeling. When I first got them, I was heavier and they felt too tight. After I lost weight I tried them again, and no problem.  I’ve regained some weight back but I’m used to the close feel now.  I wear them all year long.

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried both the regular and plus size and they just don't work for me.  I am a definite medium, but I find both sizes to be too tight for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@cherry

If it helps they don't work for me. I'm 5'2