Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?

I have! I've gotten several gifts bought now. I still have 7 more people to buy for. I love getting my shopping done early. Then I can really enjoy the holiday.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've started. I have 8 friends I buy for and they're all done. I've bought my daughter in law's gift and have some things that I've bought for my sister. As I find things I like, I buy them, regardless of what the calendar says. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Woman SurprisedGood heavens no.  I don't have a long gift list, and unless I see something I think will make a fabulous holiday gift, I shop mid-November to Thanksgiving.  Since most of my gifts are shipped to another state these days, the recipients can decide whether they want to wait until the actual day, or open upon receipt, and still feel like they received a holiday gift from me.  I'm not going to send someone something in July and ask them to hold onto it for 5 months, and it seems like silly spending to pay to ship something to me, then pay again to ship in Dec. to the recipient.  

One thing I used to like buying during Christmas in July was holiday decor for my home.  I liked the Mr. Christmas type animated merchandise QVC used to sell a lot more of than they do now.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just a few gifts bought. 

Right after Christmas I go to Hobby Lobby with my Christmas money and buy  each family a unique Christmas decoration at an awesome price.

Trusted Contributor

I don't shop for gifts, I just give everyone money. That way they can get exactly what they want, not what think they want. I tell them the only thing I request they do is spend the money on themselves, get something that they've been wanting but couldn't afford. Of course, they ignore me & use the money to pay bills sometimes.

Honored Contributor

I start in June & done by Labor Day.  Have 2 more gifts to get. yahoo.gif

The rest of the months, I love watching folks at the malls running around like chickens w/their heads cut off looking for "xmas deals."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

No.  I usually do most of my Christmas shopping the week before Christmas. 

Yes, I am a procrastinator!  But I do decorate my house on Thanksgiving weekend.  I love looking a my tree.

Trusted Contributor

I bought myself two swimsuits this week.

Christmas shopping starts Sept 1 maybe -

Honored Contributor

I ordered something from QVC on july 1 and had to send it back.

Honored Contributor

NOT intenionally ..... saw a couple things on the lunchtime or late night sale items that were a cool thing for my sisters, so I went ahead and bought them.   Wasn't meaning to start Christmas shopping, but I did.