Contributor

Re: Has anyone recieved the new tights?

On 7/31/2014 HAPPY LADY said:
On 7/31/2014 Sheesh said:
On 7/31/2014 sterling36 said:

Well ladies one of the perks of working from home a couple days a week is that I am home to meet the UPS man. I just got the tights and they are divine. They would be nice at twice the price. The fit is spot on (yes I tried them on). The colors are deep and rich. I ordered one of each color and all of the colors are great. Now I can't wait for fall so that I can start wearing them. I am going to have to find a new pair of shoes/booties to match the aubergine.

Do you have the Aubergine WK pencil skirt? If so, how do the colors match? Thanks.

I have the Aubergine WK pencil skirt and all my tights should arrive tomorrow. I'll post as soon as they arrive.

No, I do not own the skirt, but it is on my list for tomorrow.

Super Contributor

I just received the aubergine tights and they do match the skirt.

Regular Contributor

Yay - great to hear they are nice and the fit is good! I've been buying Hue, DKNY and Spanx and am super hard on my tights so it's nice to find these!!

Esteemed Contributor

You ladies make me wish I had a job I had to 'dress' up for. Dress up for me is a nice jacket and slacks. I rarely have the opportunity to wear a skirt to work. The guys I work w/ would never stop ribbing me if I came to a site w/ a nice WK skirt and jacket.

On the rare office days when I'm at meetings, I do slip on a maxi skirt and sandals in summer, boots in the fall. But even then...the WK is way too 'fancy'...the ponte knit or fabric that's more casual is about it. I did buy the 2pk black tights...I'll get lots of wear out of those.

But oh to wear a nice WK pencil skirt, w/ matching WK top and a gorgeous jacket! :::sigh::: Sounds lovely ladies. Enjoy, enjoy.

Sometimes it really is no fun at all to be the only woman surrounded by guys. Nerdy guys at that.

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

And no...my hubby is no better. We have a very casual lifestyle.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Tried on the new tights this morning. Size is exactly like any other department store brand or even a Target brand such as Hue. The black are truly opaque, very soft, and fit like a dream due to the spandex. Not as fitted as control top, but a nice snug waist and, I'll just say it, a nicely sized crotch liner panel (TMI?). I bought charcoal and navy as well and have not tried them on but ran them over my hand and same thing--super opaque. The animal print one (black, of course) are as LDO said, very subtle and super luxurious--more Wolford than QVC. Now, just bring on October!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I got my tights yesterday, and they are fabulous. Super soft, very opaque, and a great fit. The colors match the Linea WK colors so they are deep and rich. The aubergine matches my v-neck sweater perfectly so I will order the aubergine skirt. I love the head to toe one color look. I also love the heather gray which looks great with my heather gray ponte knit. Does anyone know when the gray ponte skirt is coming. If you love wearing tights you will love these. They really are everything Louis said. I. Think these will be a big hit. It's so nice to be able to get matching colors.
Trusted Contributor

I received all of the opaque ones and they are nice. Some "tights" I've ordered in the past are really thin. These are a nice weight, truly opaque and feel great. I'm 5'4 1/2" and at the moment 128 lb(37" hips and 29" waist) and size B was the correct size. To anyone who also got the animal print, are they the same thickness?

Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 MarilynM said: I got my tights yesterday, and they are fabulous. Super soft, very opaque, and a great fit. The colors match the Linea WK colors so they are deep and rich. The aubergine matches my v-neck sweater perfectly so I will order the aubergine skirt. I love the head to toe one color look. I also love the heather gray which looks great with my heather gray ponte knit. Does anyone know when the gray ponte skirt is coming. If you love wearing tights you will love these. They really are everything Louis said. I. Think these will be a big hit. It's so nice to be able to get matching colors.

Hi, Marylyn. I also have the Heather Grey Ponte Skirt and the Matching Zippered jacket and Pants. Will there be another Grey Ponte Skirt that is not "heathered"? That's what your post seems to suggest. i wasn't sure. I also have the pull on pencil skirt in I think Steel Grey and I'm hoping the tights work with that skirt, too.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Sheesh said:
On 8/1/2014 MarilynM said: I got my tights yesterday, and they are fabulous. Super soft, very opaque, and a great fit. The colors match the Linea WK colors so they are deep and rich. The aubergine matches my v-neck sweater perfectly so I will order the aubergine skirt. I love the head to toe one color look. I also love the heather gray which looks great with my heather gray ponte knit. Does anyone know when the gray ponte skirt is coming. If you love wearing tights you will love these. They really are everything Louis said. I. Think these will be a big hit. It's so nice to be able to get matching colors.

Hi, Marylyn. I also have the Heather Grey Ponte Skirt and the Matching Zippered jacket and Pants. Will there be another Grey Ponte Skirt that is not "heathered"? That's what your post seems to suggest. i wasn't sure. I also have the pull on pencil skirt in I think Steel Grey and I'm hoping the tights work with that skirt, too.

I was wondering if the heather gray tights matched the heather gray ponte skirt, and the do. Louis did show them in the show with the purple cardigan. The y fit great and they look beautiful. I really like this new line of tights.
Trusted Contributor

Mine arrived today, and I will post here what I posted on Louis's blog!

I got all of my opaque tights today and am more than pleased with them. A perennial problem I have with tights is that because of my long legs relative to my height and weight, I often have a bear of a time getting them on and then feel like I will shoot out the top. And/or they slip down during wear. Not at all comfortable having to excuse myself to pull them back up! The Linea tights were soooooo much easier to pull up over my long legs. And I didn’t have the terrible apprehension that I was going to rip them or get a run puling them on. They remain completely opaque when on and fit like a second skin. Success!!!!