Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone received the shetland boyfriend cardigan or poncho?

I'm going to try belting it too.Smiley Happy. Mulberry is a fabulous color!
Contributor

Received my poncho in "stone" and love it! Wore it with aubergine skirt, tights, and v-neck sweater with stone ankle boots. Got tons of compliments! I'm Jac's size and my usual xs fits great with no "wings". Never received email from Q; any idea what that's all about?

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I received the olive branch poncho. I love the color-a muted olive- very neutral. It feels so comfy and I like the look. I could not wear a poncho without sleeves. With this, I can carry a bag, drive a car, and look nice. The shoulders and neck have an easy fit, but the body is very loose and flowy. I can layer a WK sweater under this with ease. The only negative for me is that stupid tag placed right where the sweater is open. It took me five minutes with a tiny scissor to take that tag out. But now I love it.

Respected Contributor

Immuffin, thank you for reminding me! I just spent a few moments with the tag too....tread carefully girls! I got it! ( clapping )
Trusted Contributor

On 10/23/2014 Mustangshar said: Immuffin, thank you for reminding me! I just spent a few moments with the tag too....tread carefully girls! I got it! ( clapping )

I had to wear my reading glasses and I went very slowly.

Trusted Contributor

This morning I saw a lady in the grocery in the mulberry poncho. I commented on it. She said she was deciding whether or not she should keep it. I told her I'd received the stone. She asked how I liked it. I said I loved the color.

Respected Contributor

On 10/24/2014 abbeythe8th said:

This morning I saw a lady in the grocery in the mulberry poncho. I commented on it. She said she was deciding whether or not she should keep it. I told her I'd received the stone. She asked how I liked it. I said I loved the color.

Wow, Abbey. I bet it was someone who reads here since no one else would know where to find it. Come on, step up and introduce yourself! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I received my 3 ponchos yesterday. I now understand what "wings" are. I tried on the mulberry and loved the color, but it seemed there was so much fabric flapping around. I packaged up the mulberry and decided to return them all. Later, I decided to try on the stone just in case the fit was different. It did look better (have no idea why) and then I dug out last year's boots that are a darker shade of stone and they looked great together. I decided to keep the stone and since I knew it was mine, I threw it in the washing machine on delicate/hand wash (cold) and added fabric softener. I put it in the dryer on Air Only for 20 minutes and then low heat for two minutes. There were still a few wrinkles, so I steamed them out. I really like the way it looks now. I think maybe the fabric softener and tumbling made it softer and the fabric hangs better and in a much more flattering way.

Super Contributor

Verdict: I like it enough to keep it to wear around .. but the workmanship is a bit shoddy. The "cut and sew" construction is awful. They didn't catch all the stitches where the sleeve is attached. So - be careful about "runs" in the knit fabric.

I've knitted many styles of ponchos in my life ... the design and construction on this are weird. I may just "deconstruct" it.

I hadn't bought LDO in years ... and I took a chance on this. Last time I take any chances with LDO. I've weighted the bottom, and I'm letting it hang out so it drapes better.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/24/2014 santorini said:
On 10/24/2014 abbeythe8th said:

Wow, Abbey. I bet it was someone who reads here since no one else would know where to find it. Come on, step up and introduce yourself! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I received my 3 ponchos yesterday. I now understand what "wings" are. I tried on the mulberry and loved the color, but it seemed there was so much fabric flapping around. I packaged up the mulberry and decided to return them all. Later, I decided to try on the stone just in case the fit was different. It did look better (have no idea why) and then I dug out last year's boots that are a darker shade of stone and they looked great together. I decided to keep the stone and since I knew it was mine, I threw it in the washing machine on delicate/hand wash (cold) and added fabric softener. I put it in the dryer on Air Only for 20 minutes and then low heat for two minutes. There were still a few wrinkles, so I steamed them out. I really like the way it looks now. I think maybe the fabric softener and tumbling made it softer and the fabric hangs better and in a much more flattering way.

santorini,

I live near QVC so there are many employees in the area. I think you are right though and this lady at least reads here. I did not relate our complete conversation here. I asked her why she was considering returning it. She said she didn't like the extra material because it looked like she had wings.

Interesting that different colors had a different fit. That use to happen with D&C pants frequently.