Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone received the shetland boyfriend cardigan or poncho?

No problem with ""the wings"" here---maybe because I have broad shoulders and sized down???? I just tried it on for the umpteenth time to see if something looked weird to me---still nothing stood out as strange.

KK

Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 santorini said:

My boyfriend cardigans arrived. I love the look of the clay turtleneck under the clay boyfriend cardigan. The color that I was very excited to get -- hunter green -- looks gray to me. I tried it on with the hunter green turtleneck and looked in the mirror and it didn't match at all. I thought they sent the wrong color. I then put them under my Ott lamp (what crafters use when they need to have exact color matches) and I could see that it's dark green, but in normal lighting, to my eye, it doesn't look good. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I may return the hunter green or just wear it with black.

Hi Santorini,

Glad you liked the clay items, how about the size. Some said they run large, did you size down or your regular size was OK. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Here are the wings. They are pronounced because of the tighter sleeves.

Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 DecorDiva said:

I ordered all of the Shetland items (V-neck, cardigan, and poncho) in the XS rather than my usual Linea size small and they all seem roomy enough. The colors are softly muted (I got grey, hunter green, and clay in the cardigan) and the fabric is wonderful for those who find true Shetland itchy. I was afraid the stone color might be too "putty like" but it has tones of a soft light brown. This fabrication is lightweight, which is great here in the Mid-Atlantic region. I am usually not a turtleneck wearer, but as Gardensla said, the neck on the poncho isn't binding. The fold behind the sleeves also makes it lay nicely and cuts down on the bulk. I may have to go back for another color. So, I love it all. I can see wearing these for years to come. Has this been a great season for Linea or what?

DécorDiva,

Your review was helpful to me and now I can put the order through. Being on the West Coast, returns and deliveries take FOR-Ever. I was thinking I'd size up on the cardi and V-necks because that's what worked for me on the last BF Cardi but have decided to get my regular M size I get in other WK styles. I could tell that the poncho TN was "loose" due to the photos posted on Louis' sneak peeks where he had layered another TN under the poncho. I'll just get these in my regular size too. However, not sure what you mean by the "fold behind the sleeves" but I guess I'll understand when I receive my order.

So glad you were successful. Enjoy.

Luv.

Super Contributor

Lulu, Girl, I think u may be halu-lu-cinating. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 luv luv to shop said:

Lulu, Girl, I think u may be halu-lu-cinating. Sorry, couldn't resist.

If I ordered all 3 colors, why would I not want to love this poncho?

Occasional Contributor

Got the stone today. I already have the stone v neck so I knew I would love the color but I just feel this is just an odd for. I'm 5'10"" and wear a L. The size is fine but the open sides just don't do a thing for me. Also I tried it on over a tank and my bare shoulders showed through the knit. This just isn't a keeper for me. I adore Linea but sometimes something just doesn't work. Hope it does for you.
Trusted Contributor

I received the stone on Monday. I liked the color as well as the neck but thought the sleeves were odd. A true poncho does not have sleeves.

I returned it.

Frequent Contributor

I'm a size 8-10 in brick & mortar stores (depending on the designer.) Slim, broad shoulders, no figure issues. I ordered a small, and I think it was just too big. I love the color, knit and idea of this poncho. May order an extra small, to see if that helps.
Super Contributor

Chico's has a sleeveless cashmere poncho sweater w/turtleneck ... in Renaissance Red only. $229.