Trusted Contributor

Has anyone ever heard of Stitch Fix and used it?

Just curious to who has used it; how you like it and also how pricey is it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever heard of Stitch Fix and used it?

Hi @crawford5153 .  I have used Stitch Fix for a year. You go to their website and answer a lot of questions about what you like, don’t like; your measurements, kinds of styles that flatter you, etc. It costs $20 a month subscription whether you buy something or not. If you do buy, the $20 is deducted from the cost of your fix. They will send you 5 pieces to try out with an enclosed card to show different ways to style each item. I’ve been sent bags, jewelry, dresses, blouses, pants, and skirts. Even with the measurements, it can be hit or miss. The items are on the higher side of cost. I was sent a cute tank top and it was $58. If you return something they will ask why and try to adjust your next fix to better suit you. You choose how often you want a fix sent-I chose once a month. I decided to stop my subscription after a year because I wasn’t keeping enough items to justify paying the $20.  If you have any other questions, let me know and I will be happy to answer as best as I can. I hope this info has helped you.

Respected Contributor

I never subscribed, but I get an occasional Fix. There have been some that I liked everything, some that I’ve kept a couple of pieces and some that I’ve sent everything back because I felt like they didn’t even read what I said I hated. 

Regular Contributor

I have used it. I like it as what ever I dont like I can send back with no charge. The stuff you get is your everyday items you can get at the store at a higher cost in my opinion.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I haven't, but both my sister and daughter have. My daughter really liked it, but thought it was too pricey. She had given them her price parameters, but everything they sent was at the top of the price scale. So after receiving three of them, she cancelled. My sister cancelled because she found she was sending most of the items back, not because of price, but because she didn't like them.

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 

My son was home for a visit & he had a really nice pair of shorts & polo shirt on. He told me he got them from stitch fix. He told me how he also got the sneakers & a couple other polo shirts. He said it all came to about $160. I checked it out & he sent me a referral. I got $25 off my first order. I got my order a couple days ago. I liked almost everything. If you keep everything you get 25% off. I think the prices were a little high but with 25% off it wasn’t bad. For $137 (that’s after the $25 credit) I got a pair of dress pants, a striped sweater, a short sleeved terry top, a pleated prairie type blouse & a necklace. Everything fit perfectly & was very comfortable. 

If you’re thinking of trying it get a referral from someone. I think they get $25 also. You then answer a bunch of questions about what you like. They also shows pictures & you do thumbs up or thumbs down. The bad thing is you only get 3 days to decide whether to keep it or not. Make sure you don’t have it shipped while you’re out of town for a couple days. 

Shipping both ways is free. I’d say give it a try. If you get the referral you get $25 off so it would be free to try. Even if you pay the $20 fee it’s better than ordering from QVC, or elsewhere, and paying shipping + return shipping if you return it. 

Frequent Contributor

I chose the annual subscription of $49. You pay $49 for as many “fixes” you want over a year. You get the $49 styling fee credit on your first purchase. I find it ok. I’ve had some keepers and some duds. I tried the men’s subscription for my husband and he has LOVED most of his items. Total shocker to me because my husband is not in to fashion at all. I say try it. Worst case you lose $20.