Honored Contributor

Re: Has anybody ever purchased clothing from Amazon?

I got a Miricle Suit swim suit bottom and two tops this year, shoes in the past years.

You can't remove tags or "use and return" but it IS easy to return. 

All three items were perfect this year and the shoes I ordered last year were fine too.

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased several maxis, shirts for DH, misc lots of things.  My advice, read sizing chart in each item.  Reviews always seem to be plentiful good and bad on each and that is a good thing.  Shipping always seems FASTer than even what may be posted.  I only had to retun 1 pair of shoes, they sent a return label and I dropped them off at UPS when I went to mall.   AMAZON is amazing so far.  Enjoy your new purchase(S)

Esteemed Contributor

I have not purchased clothing.  I have purchased a Sam Edelman coat, but it was one I had tried on at Nordstrom.  I paid quite a bit less purchasing the coat from Amazon.  I have also bought shoes from brands I have experience with, and I won't buy swimwear before checking Amazon to compare prices. 

Overall I have been satisfied with my purchases.  I've not had to return anything, but if the clothing return is as easy as returning other things I would not be concerned about that. 

Respected Contributor

Massive numbers of people sell items through Amazon. It's similar to ebay in that respect.

That being said, I've bought all sorts of things from Amazon sellers, including clothing. Tremendously successful transactions!

Esteemed Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

I am in need of some new casual t-shirts.  I have a hard time finding ones that i like because I'm tall and I find most tees to be too short for me.  I found hundreds of tees on Amazon that look pretty cute and are the rayon/spandex blend that is so popular right now.  The prices are also extremely reasonable. I have been a Prime member for years and order stuff all the time, but I've never ordered clothing.  Any opinions?

I would buy one or two and see if you like them. If you are unhappy send them back.

Honored Contributor

@sueeich, pretty top, what is the brand, I might have to check that out.  Love the look & you enjoy!  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Someone I know bought her mother of the groom gown from them.  It was gorgeous. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, purchased a dress, I'm  happy with it.    Read the description very carefully, look at a few reviews for any pattern of faults.  And check for refund policy.

@sueeich wrote:

I am in need of some new casual t-shirts.  I have a hard time finding ones that i like because I'm tall and I find most tees to be too short for me.  I found hundreds of tees on Amazon that look pretty cute and are the rayon/spandex blend that is so popular right now.  The prices are also extremely reasonable. I have been a Prime member for years and order stuff all the time, but I've never ordered clothing.  Any opinions?

Valued Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@sueeich, pretty top, what is the brand, I might have to check that out.  Love the look & you enjoy!  

Smoky,

It's a brand called SHOPGLAMLA.  There are dozens of color combinations so I'm hoping I really like this top.  I am known for buying multiples of items if I really like it.  The same shirt comes in a 3/4 length sleeve as well.  The items are made in the USA which is a definite plus as far as I'm concerned.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I like this blouse.  Can't beat the price!

Frequent Contributor

I've bought quite a few clothing items from Amazon.  Most of the tops I've been happy with.  Someone on the forum her suggested their DJT line, so I tried it and I like it.  The only unpleasant experience was buying something from a seller in China and the top did not fit right.  I would say Amazon is by far one of the most successful vendors of consumer items(books, electronics, toys, etc.) -they carry a wide variety of merchandise, most of it top quality.  So, I would say go for it!