Honored Contributor

Has This Article on Louis Been Posted Before?

http://truthplusblog.com/2011/05/13/influential-images-mirabella-may-1992-and-louis-dellolio/

Has anyone ever posted this link previously? Decided to not do what I should be doing at this moment and, instead, looked around for something interesting about Louis.

We are sooo lucky to have him on QVC. But I do not have to tell you that.

Valued Contributor

Re: Has This Article on Louis Been Posted Before?

I have never seen it. Great! Yes, we are so lucky. I would never been exposed to such good style. Beside the great clothes, I've learned so much from his shows and blog. My closet is almost all Linea. I feel better about myself than I ever have. The last picture, of the blonde with a halter top, was that Jac? Thanks Goldie, I enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 KayKayWA said:

I have never seen it. Great! Yes, we are so lucky. I would never been exposed to such good style. Beside the great clothes, I've learned so much from his shows and blog. My closet is almost all Linea. I feel better about myself than I ever have. The last picture, of the blonde with a halter top, was that Jac? Thanks Goldie, I enjoyed it.

I don't think that is Jac.

So Louis used Matt Lauer's wife (the brunette) as a model before she married Mr. Lauer. That was interesting to me. Stunning woman.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure some will be upset to learn he designed furs.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Thanks Goldie for posting that link. I can never get enough of reading about Louis' fashion history. Do you think that the unnamed retailer that he designed mens's and boy's clothing for was perhaps Sym's? I seem to recall him mentioning something once during one of his presentations that he designed for them. At that time he also said Mr. Sym had been a neighbor of his.( He is now deceased.) And that the children sold the company and took the money and ran!Smiley Happy. Louis ever the clever Leo with his witty asides. Anyway, thanks again.
Honored Contributor

1jac, good memory! Yes, I think you are correct about the Sy Syms connection. Like you, I enjoy reading about Louis's past designing experiences. Each time I learn more about his background, I appreciate him even more.

As Owl, primarily, and several others were noting on a different thread the other day, Louis truly does make looking our best easy. Sometimes I simply "throw on" one of his outfits, but later in the day someone will say how nice I look. No longer do I have the urge for the fashion hunt (you know, going from store to store in search of a beautifully coordinated outfit). Besides, Louis has his expert training and natural-born gifts of fashion guiding his choices for us, and so in the end, I am better off with what he has preselected as my world of fashion choices.

Trusted Contributor

I had not seen this article either, Goldie. Thanks so much for posting it.

As those of us who are die-hard Linea lovers know, we are very, very lucky to have Louis's designs and at such modest prices.

He is very sincere when he says that he "does it for us". I'm sure he could retire if he wanted to and have a wonderful life with Jac, their beautiful home and the puppies. We are very fortunate indeed.

Valued Contributor

I totally agree with both of you Goldie and Barbara. We are so fortunate to have him in our fashion lives!!
Valued Contributor

I totally agree with both of you Goldie and Barbara. We are so fortunate to have him in our fashion lives!!
Respected Contributor

I had never seen this article either, thanks for posting the link! I used to read Mirabella, had forgotten all about it. Beautiful photos, beautiful clothes, still totally in style.

We are SO lucky to have Louis at QVC!!!