Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Mary Beth designed a clothing line as others have?

Mary Beth is my favorite.  As most every one states very classy woman. 

Years ago she did a cookbook which I purchased.  I have tried several recipes.  I even made the sloppy joes last week.   My family favorite.

Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone can refute that Mary Beth is a lovely, classy, delightful host.  But that wasn't the question.

I think the hosts that have Studio Park collections have demonstrated a signature style of their own.  QVC uses their in-house designers to come up with pieces with input from these hosts that have a definitive look.  They also get posts on social media about what they're wearing.

I have never thought of Mary Beth's own fashion style, not once.  The cookbook or quilt sounds right up her alley.

Personally, I'd like to see Pat Dementri and Rosina Grosso launch their SP items.

Trusted Contributor

I think a classic tailored line would be a nice addition.
I imagine that's what she would design.
I was looking forward to Jane's collection thinking it would be true retro, but it was too cutesy/costume and a mix of styles.
Super Contributor

Pat hasn't had a line either. My guess is that both Pat and Mary Beth don't need to participate. At this point in their exceptional careers they don't need to influence or prove anything. More than likely they each have an exit plan with a timeline for retirement that they are happily letting play out. 
Having said that, I have enjoyed the studio lines, Amy's being my favorite. And Pat does have "Pat's Pick" for SG. She does a good job with that. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I don't think anyone can refute that Mary Beth is a lovely, classy, delightful host.  But that wasn't the question.

I think the hosts that have Studio Park collections have demonstrated a signature style of their own.  QVC uses their in-house designers to come up with pieces with input from these hosts that have a definitive look.  They also get posts on social media about what they're wearing.

I have never thought of Mary Beth's own fashion style, not once.  The cookbook or quilt sounds right up her alley.

Personally, I'd like to see Pat Dementri and Rosina Grosso launch their SP items.

@Caaareful Shopper I agree with you that no one is refuting the fact that Mary Beth is a lovely, classy and delightful host.

What I do think some are saying about answering the OP's question is that some, often the same, posters can and are borderline rude with their responses.  There are many ways to disagree with a topic or poster without being snarky, rude or unkind.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Some posters with weak constitutions should not be on the internet or participate on full, open public access social media.  Which yes, this place is.  A social media outlet that anyone can read and on which most can participate. 

Respected Contributor

I've been watching her from the beginning and I don't remember her doing any clothing items. I do remember the cookbook a long time back. I have heard her say more recently she is thinking about retiring in the near future so she might not be interested in doing a line of any product.

Trusted Contributor

Theory: MBR represents the archetype of the typical QVC client (trad wife, "nice", conservative). If I were a QVC stylist, I could see where a good strategy would be to keep her dressed in the house lines rather than being associated with a specific look of her own line. 

It seems to work as the majority here seem to love her. And there are plenty of "she reminds me of ME" comments every time she comes up.

Esteemed Contributor

@They Call Me MR Wilkes wrote:

Some posters with weak constitutions should not be on the internet or participate on full, open public access social media.  Which yes, this place is.  A social media outlet that anyone can read and on which most can participate. 

@They Call Me MR Wilkes Huh? What exactly are you stating?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

@MoJoV  She's a classy and very professional lady with a great smile and I find it sad the comments following your post.

like JRT she wears Q clothing on air and rarely looks wonderful, 

not her fault she could look great 

I don't think the JT line flattered her figure one bit, at least the outfits/dresses that I saw.  One would think they would design clothes that look good on themselves, like the real designers do!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead