Esteemed Contributor

Has Anyone Tried Gekks Shoes?

I always get their e-mails and today they had the cutest pair of flats.  I was checking out the price, and holy moly, they are $345.  I am wondering how they feel for that price.  If you have gotten a pair or more, please let me know about the fit and comfort level.  TIA!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried Gekks Shoes?

What is the website?

Esteemed Contributor

@alohakz, I am so sorry, but I made a mistake with the company.  It is Tieks by Gavrieli.  I will report.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

The basic leather ones are $175. I have a pair and they’re ok. I never wear socks and these shoes get exceptionally soggy during the day.
Trusted Contributor

I broke down last year, after seeing so many ads for these pop up, and ordered a black pair.  I don't find them any more comfortable than any other flat and there was a "break in" period in for me.  As someone else said, they do get really sweaty.  So I guess bottom line is, no I would not repurchase as I think they are very overpriced.  They do look really cute in the ads though!

Honored Contributor

There’s another somewhat more reasonably priced shoe that I’m considering called ROTHYS.

They’re made from recycled soda bottles, washable, and when you’ve worn them out they can be recycled for a percentage of the cost of a new pair.

They’re plainer than Teiks, and less expensive.

Super Contributor

I own one pair. I won't be repurchasing.  They don't have enough support for my feet.  They are very well made and I like the style but not for me.