Trusted Contributor

Has Anyone Figured Out How to Edit a Post??

I cannot find how to edit a post!  Anyone know how to do this? TIA!!

Super Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Figured Out How to Edit a Post??

Three little grey dots, top right.  Click there and it lets you edit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lovethesea wrote:

I cannot find how to edit a post!  Anyone know how to do this? TIA!!

Click on the 3 dots at the top right of the post you want to edit. A drop down menu will offer you an edit option.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

The 3 dots in the upper right box of your post across from  ...... Edit a Post??   clicking the 3 dots in someone's else's post lets you report them 

1 Timothy 6:7

Honored Contributor

But can you edit from the Preview pane before you post?  Once in Preview, the only choice I see is to either post or cancel, which takes you back to the forum and not your post draft.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can't use internet explorer on this new forum as the format is a total mess.  As with all things new, it takes time to get use to it. However, I personally don't think this is an improvement. And SeaSide Shopper, you are a step (or more) ahead of me because I don't know how to begin a topice here. Now, I will try to edit a post and see if i can.

Actually, the don't don't have that option unless you click onto the  "Go To The Post" message. However, I did just edit my post.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much, all!

Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

You can't use internet explorer on this new forum as the format is a total mess.  As with all things new, it takes time to get use to it. However, I personally don't think this is an improvement. And SeaSide Shopper, you are a step (or more) ahead of me because I don't know how to begin a topice here. Now, I will try to edit a post and see if i can.

Actually, the don't don't have that option unless you click onto the  "Go To The Post" message. However, I did just edit my post.

I tried the forums in IE 10 and they worked fine. It may depend on the version you use.

To start a new thread, go to the Forum Topic home page (like Beauty) and then click the red NEW MESSAGE button.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, DogLvr, I attempted to bold this sentence of yours, "And SeaSide Shopper, you are a step (or more) ahead of me because I don't know how to begin a topice here" but couldn't.  You can begin a topic by clicking on the topic you wish to post in in the left side column under "Community Menu." 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

I tried the forums in IE 10 and they worked fine. It may depend on the version you use.

To start a new thread, go to the Forum Topic home page (like Beauty) and then click the red NEW MESSAGE button.

Yes, I had to go look this up.  You have to be in a catagory to start a new thread.  You can't start one from the "View All Forum Topics" page, for instance.