Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan visit Merseyside

Holding the bump...maybe she is uncomfortable,Maybe she has to put her hand somewhere or maybe she is trying to keep her coat from blowing open,maybe the baby is moving or kicking or maybe she is just showing it off with expectant joy.I don’t know why so many negative comments about her habits that aren’t hurting anyone.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple I'm aware they live together, never said they didn't. However, they are divorced, have been for years, so she is his former wife as I posted. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@JaneMarple I'm aware they live together, never said they didn't. However, they are divorced, have been for years, so she is his former wife as I posted. 

Former wife hiding in plain sight and must not be too much of an embarrasment anymore. Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

It doesn't matter what Americans think of her.  In fact,  Americans had no opinion of her when she lived in Canada and was on that TV show that no one even heard of or ever watched.  She's in Britain now and it only matters what they think of her.  The Brits don't like her.

She seems to be an intelligent, confident, and level-headed modern woman. I'm sure she knows that it only matters what she thinks of herself. I'm glad she is living her life, and hasn't sold her soul to fit into a role, no matter what a "priviledge" it appears to be. Maybe that's one of the things Harry loves about her. If preserving tradition was important to Harry, he should have married another woman. I'm sure Britain had a ton of appropriately educated, finished, refined, and obedient women eager to be a Duchess, but he didn't pick one of them.

BTW if your job forbids you to hold hands with your husband, your job sucks.

#married27yearsandstillholdinghands

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

It doesn't matter what Americans think of her.  In fact,  Americans had no opinion of her when she lived in Canada and was on that TV show that no one even heard of or ever watched.  She's in Britain now and it only matters what they think of her.  The Brits don't like her.

She seems to be an intelligent, confident, and level-headed modern woman. I'm sure she knows that it only matters what she thinks of herself. I'm glad she is living her life, and hasn't sold her soul to fit into a role, no matter what a "priviledge" it appears to be. Maybe that's one of the things Harry loves about her. If preserving tradition was important to Harry, he should have married another woman. I'm sure Britain had a ton of appropriately educated, finished, refined, and obedient women eager to be a Duchess, but he didn't pick one of them.

BTW if your job forbids you to hold hands with your husband, your job sucks.

#married27yearsandstillholdinghands

@Love to Run. Very well said!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

It does matter what the public thinks of her and Harry. Harry's popularity is not what it was. The queen can marginalize them and a lot will depend on the public's approval or disapproval of them.

We don't see much of Prince Andrew and, while we can't know, we can suspect it's because his former wife was an embarrassment.

But.....but @occasionalrain, Andrew and Sarah still live together! Woman LOL

Andrew's wife Sarah was caught in a very compromising position in a picuture of another man sucking her toes. She was also cought on tape trying to "sell" access to Prince Andrew for a large sum of money. I don't see how Meghan holding Harry's hand, touching her pregnant stomach or toughing her hair has caused any embarrassment to the Queen. The fact that Andrew and Sarah still live together says to me that the Queen is not as uptight about these things as some people are. 

Honored Contributor

@Love to Run I agree with what you said.We all talk about people like it matters what we think but it really only matters how they feel about themselves....I like to see the pictures of Harry and Meghan.They look like happy newlyweds who enjoy just being together.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the royal family finally realized how messed up it was to have The Queen shake hands with Prince Charles in public all those years ago. When he was a boy and she had returned from a trip. Diana was very affectionate in public with her sons. Harry is too, with his wife and with the public.

The Queen told a former First Lady that protocol was rubbish. Maybe she's not as hung upon it as some people here seem to be. She's hardly a delicate flower without her own way of handling things.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@JJsMom Well then, lots of British are jealous, unhappy or both. There are appropriate times to hold hands; on official visits representing the queen is not among them.

Says who? Did the queen publicly object to the hand holding or are you making assumptions based on your own feelings?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is arguementative