Honored Contributor

Re: Hard to believe this is from Macy's

To me Macys will always be upscale, I love their Herald Square Store, it is one of the most fun places to shop

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Some Macys are super nice.  The one in Columbus at Easton is very nice and so is the one in Lousivlle, KY.  Ours at Castleton Square mall is really good too,

I've been to some super crummy ones--the one in South Bend, IN is abominable with little merchandise.  I'm surprised it hasn't been expanded and redone due to the shoppers that come up to see the Notre Dame games.  There's a lot of money at that school.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Speaking of INC at Macy's, I recently received a catalog from them. They had some nice looking pieces including a jacket that I liked. I tried to no avail to order it on line. I may go over to our local Macy's store and see if they have it there.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Some Macys are super nice.  The one in Columbus at Easton is very nice and so is the one in Lousivlle, KY.  Ours at Castleton Square mall is really good too,

I've been to some super crummy ones--the one in South Bend, IN is abominable with little merchandise.  I'm surprised it hasn't been expanded and redone due to the shoppers that come up to see the Notre Dame games.  There's a lot of money at that school.

That one in Easton is super nice. The one in Polaris is meh to me.  But then Easton in general is much better.  LOL

Our Macys was one that closed.  It was horrendous.  I don't know how it stayed open as long as it did.  It wasn't a mess or trashed, but there was nothing in it.     

Esteemed Contributor

I wish that first sweater came in a cream.

The second sweater would show my bra in the back so that is a "no go".

Trusted Contributor

I think if you look you can find some cute things in Macys and the sales are great - now friends & family with up to an additional 30% off.  I just bought 1 top, 3 sweaters and an oversized expensive tablecloth, all for $130, free shipping, another 6% from ebates and 1.5% on my credit card. 

Trusted Contributor

My Macy's is gorgeous.  It is immaculate and has wonderful merchandise.  I don't understand why you can't believe that top is from Macy's.  Mine carries many brands like INC that are young looking and very stylish.  Plus they have the Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Vince Camuto, Anne Klein, and others designers.  I also love the Alfani styles.  I wear either a 6 or 8 top in other brands,  and in INC I wear either a small or medium top depending on its cut and cling factor.  I also like some of Macy's store brands.  I bought a really nice Charter Club denim jacket this summer.  On line, they carry some nice Guess items - my store doesn't really have Guess in store anymore. 

My Macy's also has younger brands which run a little smaller than the misses sizes, even though they are in the misses department.  (they aren't really junior sizing).  They are super trendy.

I buy shoes at Nordstrom, but their clothing brands seem to be cut in that weird runway cut which is 3 sizes smaller than what they are marked.  Plus, I can get gorgeous clothing on sale at Macy's, so why would I pay Nordstrom's prices?   Macy's has a lot more merchandise here and my mall is a destination mall for people from outlying townships.

Honored Contributor

I buy a lot of my clothing from Macy's. They have some very nice brands and good sales!!!!!!