Honored Contributor

I have watched an item at a site I want.  It came in six colors.  Most of the colors went deeply into a sale price, but not the color I wanted!  (White).

The item came in at the same time, they just hold some colors out!  That isn't done in any B & M stores!

Really, colors on sale at different price points?  WHO does that?  I worked in retail for six years, 2009-2016, so my knowledge is current!  (*Yes", I do check for coupons, not my point).

Honored Contributor

Maybe they are over-stocked on some colors.

Valued Contributor

LLBean does the same thing.

Honored Contributor

ECBG -I think lots of retailers sell the same item in different colors at different prices.   I know for sure Nordstrom does it frequently and I first encountered that on a sale rack at Bloomies.  I was told the price depends upon when an item came into inventory as well as how well a color was selling.

I buy almost no clothes here at the Q so I have no clues as to how they decide.

Respected Contributor

Well it's summer and there is a lot of summer left and they know the white bags will sell. Why would they discount them?  The colored ones are either low in quantity or they aren't selling.  Hence the sale price.  Online retailers do that all the time.  

Honored Contributor

I see that on Amazon quite frequently and am seeing it occasionally with other places.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
I see it often, at various places. It really is not unusual.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

It is hard to understand.  I can see putting winter colors on sale and not summer colors, but not some summer colors and not others.  I can't be bothered and move on.

Respected Contributor

I see this done frequently at several online and brick and mortar retailers.

Respected Contributor

I agree. Not uncommon at all. In fact I saw an example of this just this week at DSW. One color of shoe on sale. The other not.

Amazon does it very frequently

~Enough is enough~