Super Contributor

Hard Sell of TSV's becoming over-the-top!

I'm fully aware that QVC is an online retailer whose sole objective is to sell products, but,in the last few years, they're hard-sell approach with every TSV has become so irritating that I just don't watch anymore. Every day, no matter what time you tune in, there it is, the TSV being rammed down your throat. The presentations are too often and way toooooooo long. Sometimes they will even present it twice in the same hour/show!!  They've become like a bunch of greedy used car salesmen. A real turnoff for this (once) avid customer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hard Sell of TSV's becoming over-the-top!

Becoming? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

100 % agree! Also they leave the tsv on for an hour! How can you talk about the stuff for an hour and then hear it all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Use to have the Q on almost all day- now check in the the Q very little!

Valued Contributor

TOTALLY agree.  Presentations are ridiculously long, but I just turn the channel; they won't talk me into the old stale stuff they are now parading out as TSV's.  I really miss the good old days when TSV's were new, good stuff.    Anyone else remember the excitement that used to accompany rolling out the unannounced TSV at midnight with a countdown and then the reveal?  That was a reason to stay up but no reason any longer when you already know what it is, and it's often retreads.  Hardly any jewelry tsv's so I either watch another shopping channel or snooze.

Honored Contributor

I used to force myself to stay awake until midnight every night, to see what the new TSV was. They were new, interesting, and unique products. They were so in-demand, that colors would sell out before l even woke up the next morning. Ahhh, those were the days!

The TSVs in the past several years are usually ho-hum, and priced too high.  l'm never interested enough to stay awake in anticipation, and l purchase very few of them any more.

The TSV offerings are just not selling the way they used to IMO, hence the hard-sell. That style of salesmanship makes me change the channel.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I never understand these kind of posts.  I doubt QVC would keep this kind of technique going on so long if it wasn't successful.  It the TSV item, which also sets the theme for other items shown, doesn't interest me, I don't even tune in for the day.  No big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

I would speculate that the Q corporate powers expect TSVs to be sell outs or to at least sell in the plus 30,000 to 50,000 units. At one point in time this was a slam dunk breeze, but with the way things are across the board in today's retail this requires a more aggressive sales pitch.  Unfortunately for programming this means the TSVs have longer presentation times -- sometimes even the full hour, and also in several show hours a handful of products are sandwiched between TSV presentations. I've noticed the same thing with items sold as This Day Only's.  Throughout this week it seems like every time I click into QVC TV, Josie Maran is on with her Argan Oil Reserve.

It is what it is, and I don't see it changing in the immediate future. 

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching long ago...except ..maybe...if D&co is on or occassionaly Dennis Basso.....but even those shows are beyond boring....so I don't go out of my way to tune in for them, either...

Tomorrow it will be Vitamix all day....oh, boy....oh, boy....glad i have so many other stations to watch other then the Q....

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe they would sell more if they made the products what they're supposed to be...Special and a value.  These days they are neither.  Ladders,blenders makeup kits with 1 useable item in them....cloth gym shoes at almost $100..no special here.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

BECOMING? - Good One Kachina 624! 😀

Definitely agree!!

-Texas Hill Country-