Honored Contributor

Re: Handkerchief Wedding Gown

[ Edited ]

Fashion trendy items are for one year wear for most of us.  If you are Holllywood and plan on getting married every couple of years get the fad of the day, but for most of us go for something classic and timeless for  your wedding.  That way people can't threaten to drag out the wedding pictures.  Oh, and that goes double for the bridesmaids please!  Put them in something simple and pretty, flattering to them.  (Edited--somewhere in posting some of the words seemed to disappear!)

Honored Contributor

The first gown is stunning.

Honored Contributor

@Cranberries wrote:
I don't care for the style. (Sorry!)

THANK YOU for NOT using the H word!!!!

Your OPINION was stated simply, clearly and with no insult language.

Please don't feel as though you have to apologize for saying you don't like something.

There are a lot of posters here that could take a lesson from your comment.

Honored Contributor

IMO nothing is timeless for years and years to come.  There are always changes made to the lines, material, shape, etc. that cause something to look dated years down the road.

Yes there are dresses that are uber trendy but very, very few people can pull out their wedding photo 25+ years later and the people looking at them not know the dress/style is from 25+ years ago.   Same with bridesmaids dresses if for nothing more than the color of them.  My mom's bridesmaids wore the same style of dress that I had to wear for my friends wedding.  You could tell though our's were a more modern version. 

I've been married now for 25 years.  Looking back at my pictures, I still remember how much I loved my dress the day I wore it.  Is it a dress I'd pick out now?  No because I was married in 1990.  I still look at the photos and think it was pretty and it suited me and the time. 

Honored Contributor

I like it, and the photography is beautiful.

Anything to get away from the strapless fishtail gowns they've been wearing for 15 years now!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Cranberries wrote:
I don't care for the style. (Sorry!)

THANK YOU for NOT using the H word!!!!

Your OPINION was stated simply, clearly and with no insult language.

Please don't feel as though you have to apologize for saying you don't like something.

There are a lot of posters here that could take a lesson from your comment.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I really like this!

Hayley Paige Spring 2014 - Belle the Magazine . The Wedding Blog For The Sophisticated Bride:

What's with the crate?  She's a mail order bride getting ready to ship herself to her destination?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

That first one posted is gorgeous! I am sick to death of the strapless gowns!

It has nothing to do with modesty or being conservative (I'm so not that) I just don't think it's very attractive!

There are some really sexy styles in wedding dresses without bearing the decollatage and shoulders...

the addition of the sheer lace actually takes it to another level  IMHO

Classic and fabulous.  You would be so happy 20 years from now when people are laughing at the mermaid and handkerchief dresses.  Think about it. . . LOL!!!!

Valued Contributor

I love the handkerchief skirts - the overall silhouettes and the cascading effects are lovely and not just in the common style.

I agree with @Lipstickdiva, every wedding dress, even those designed along classic lines, can be dated by anyone who ever paid attention to fashion trends.  My first wedding dress with its high neck and leg-of-mutton sleeves couldn't have been more 1973, but that doesn't matter to me either - it was so pretty and I was so happy in it!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Esteemed Contributor

I love it and anything is better than those awful see-through gowns!