Super Contributor

I love the clothes presented. I am wondering when ordering, does the Halston clothing line run large like most of QVC clothing? Or is it closer to department store sizing? I am interested in some of the tops and cardigans from Halston. Thanks for any advice!

Honored Contributor

Do you know how to check the actual garment measurements?  Go to the description and at the end of the text are the words "click here".  Measure the chest and hip areas of a well-fitting garment in your closet and compare to what you get when you click.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Oh wow, thank you! There is a lot of information there. I don't have much luck ordering clothing online. Seems like the garment measurements can vary a lot from the QVC size charts. Thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

If you know your measurements and use the click here, you should be in good shape.  That's what I do and it's rare I have sizing issues.  Once and a while, I make a bad choice on style.  You should lookup every item you buy because measurements vary within a line.

Super Contributor

Thank you! I am trying to figure it out, I still find the Halston size info confusing. I don't see the chest/ waist/ hip measurements on some of the garments. I'll have to work on this one!

Respected Contributor

From my experience from a few Halston tops/sweaters, they run one size larger for me than my usual QVC size.  I normally wear an xl here and in Halston a L works best, especially on oversized or very flowy styles.  

But yes, check the measurements and compare them to something you already own from QVC in that size and you can go from there.  It's a little time consuming but worth it.

Respected Contributor

Not all department store clothing runs the same either so you can't really generalize.  It depends on the brand in my opinion. I can tell only tell you that I think his items are generous.  I have purchased his sweaters only.

Honored Contributor

I just rec'd 2 Halston items and IMO the sizing is very generous.  I am on the verge of going up to the next bigger size and what I ordered is even roomy on me in my typical QVC size.  I almost could have gone down a size.    

Respected Contributor

I have purchased two sweaters from them and I could have gone a size smaller in both.  Recently I tried their oversize sweater that people seem to love and even though I went a size smaller you could have probably gotten 3 or 4 of me in there!  It was so huge, I sent it back.

Super Contributor

Thank you, it always helps to hear other's experiences. The sizing, according to measurements seems to run big. I was also looking at Halston pants. The waist measurements seem huge in relation to the hip measurements. I like a lot of their clothing, just hope I get the sizing right!