Honored Contributor

ended up getting the black and waitlisting the blue......still debating other colors. this is a great dress to wear while at the beach. it is an easy style that can go pretty much anywhere when we go out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I've commented on this before but I think this dress is going to be very, very tough for some people to pull off without a shaper because of the knit material and the solid colors that are mostly light.  I think this would have been easier to pull off had there been some prints. That would provide some camoflauge.

I saw Jayne and Pat in it and of course Pat was wearing the black and she had a leather coat on over the top.  Jayne was wearing the green but she had a long vest over the top so you couldn't really tell what just the dress alone looked like.  THe hosts also always wear a shaper on air.

I've seen what these knit dresses look like on people who are larger everywhere or larger on the bottom and don't wear shapewear.  From behind, it's not a pretty picture.  And who wants to wear shapewear in the dead of summer?  Not me. 

These aren't anything I'd wear out unless it was to sit around the boat dock.  I'd never be able to wear these too work and I can't think of anywhere else I'd wear them except my house because I think they look like a house dress or nightgown.

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of the rayon/spandex combo.  I did notice that Pat and Jayne were wearing vests or cardigans this morning and that set off alarms for me.  The description indicates the garment is fitted through the bust then flares out from that point.  If one carries extra weight in their waist or mid section this style may not work given the fabric content. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I am not a fan of the rayon/spandex combo.  I did notice that Pat and Jayne were wearing vests or cardigans this morning and that set off alarms for me.  The description indicates the garment is fitted through the bust then flares out from that point.  If one carries extra weight in their waist or mid section this style may not work given the fabric content. 

They said it's a beefier rayon/span combo- I think the drape will be fine. If you look at the 'click here' measurements the dress is full in the middle. I don't think it'll be a problem for those who carry weight in the middle- me, for instance!!! I bought the green-  I was wavering with the black but I have many black summer dresses already. I used to have a green shade like this and wore it often!- watching the video again made me think about that long gone dress!!

Honored Contributor

As a dress, no.  Not even belted.  The fabric is too wimpy but it would work as a bathing suit cover up and as a lounging dfess.  The teeny, tiny girls look good in snything.  Even this dress.  But it's it's just not working for anyone else.  The long droopy jackets just make it look worse....lol.   My friend texted me.   Poor fit, cheap fabric =  6 Easy Pays.   The thought being ladies might try it for only $10 investment. 

Honored Contributor

I think those Jockey skimmies things would be a good option to wear under this dress.

Respected Contributor

the dress is cute but the hi-low thing is a pain.  it looks nice if you only stand still!

i have one hi-low sleeveless rayon knit  dress and it is wayyy too hot for summer.  the back view of the dress - hopefully it is done right with no wonky seams and it does tend to droop because of the rayon knit/ span - knit rayon stretches. and the back skirted sections tend to droop and swing around and flap against the legs  as you walk ( like maxis do - but with the hi front skirt is obvious)

Esteemed Contributor

I heart everyone who posted whether I agree or not. 

The dress just doesn't flatter in my opinion.  I think for as many that are sold, just as many will be returned.  It's a T-shirt dress with an odd hemline. 

I don't like seeing the inside of the back showing from the front - looks tacky to me. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think those Jockey skimmies things would be a good option to wear under this dress.

that is what i was planning on @faeriemoon.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Am I the only one who thinks the Halston line is incredibly boring??????