Valued Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I often see an item I would like to purchase from H by Halston; however, the reviews are always so bad that I don't buy. Mostly to do with the fabric. Pilling especially and not holding up to washing. Anyone out there have good luck?

@pattypeep You can trust the reviews for the Halston items.  I too have had an issue with the quality of this clothing line.

Valued Contributor

@pattypeep I have several of his tops,  the dressier ones that were on clearance with a draped front.  Love them, had them for at least 3 years no problems.  In fact I just got a pair of pants and a bottom front top, pretty  but over-priced but I can wear them year round.  My only complaint is inconsistency in sizing.

Respected Contributor

I have a ton of his tops and love them.  I am a M and the fit is perfect.  His tops just flow and I love how they fit around the chest area and just ease out towards the bottom.  I do not like tops that are completely straight, I like that flowly movement.  That being said, I only buy his tops that has a pattern or if a solid color, only black or navy.  I find that his lighter colors are too sheer and show the outline of my bra.  I have washed these in cold water many times and they always come out perfect.  Never had a pilling problem.  Also, I find his fabric is so soft and light.  Even in this 90 degree weather we are having right now, it is like wearing nothing, they are that light and airy.

Valued Contributor

Delicate fabrics pill from friction so if you move around a lot, carry children or books or supplies near your chest, or wear a topper that moves and causes friction with your shirt underneath, your rayon or modal ( just another type of rayon) top will pill. So will cheap knitted poly or cheap cotton knit.  Eileen Fisher’s viscose (rayon) tops don’t pill but the fabric quality is exponentially better. 

I would love to see some of the good Q designs in nicer quality fabrics. I would be a very happy customer.  

Honored Contributor

I have 2 of the long dusters and a pair of wide leg pants.  All have washed and dried well with no problems.  I have not experienced any pilling.  I am very happy with my Halston purchases.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Absolutely agree. The drape is beautiful but material is so thin!

Valued Contributor

I have some rayon jogger pants I bought ages ago, and because they are not filled with bizarro contents called fabric they are wearing very well. Seems like I've bought some other things that wore ok but can't think right now. I haven't bought anything in a while because either the fabric content has too much spandex or polyester or because they they have been too long with no petite choices

Honored Contributor

Re: Halston Clothing

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep 

I’ve had a couple H things that I liked but I’m pretty picky about fabric. Reviews of pilling are always dealbreakers for me. And it only takes one.

I rarely purchase sweaters from any brand because almost all of them pill horribly and quickly. I avoid watching presentations or videos for sweater knit fabrics. I don’t want to be tempted.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 : I returned a top recently that was that exact fabrication and it felt rubbery so no more for me especially with that much modal